AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2010-06-12 04:57:18

Skeffling Lavender Farm
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Choosing a category for your thread.

I'd just like to ask you all to please make an effort to place your posting in the correct section under the Index.  :thumbsup:  It would be greatly appreciated.  :ohyea:

Please don't place it under General Discussion because you think it will get more exposure there.  I am not sure how this mistaken understanding has come about.  Certainly the way I view the posts, category is just a column on the page.  Clear specific thread titles with the information you are seeking can only get you more relevant replies, as people can tell if they can help at a glance.

I think when the site was set up and as it has evolved, there have been many categories created to deal with chicken management as they come up like medical emergencies, hatchery info, coops etc.  By keeping all the related information in one area it makes it easier for members to find that related info more efficiently, especially as the site grows.     

I have been lapse in moving things to the correct category lately, but it is creating a lot more work for someone. :hide:

Thanks so much for your cooperation, especially at this busy time of year, when moderator time on ACE may be limited, I know mine is, darn.   Have a good night/day everyone!

www.skefflinglavenderfarm.weebly.com  2012 Breeding quite friendly Lavender & Wheaten Ameraucanas, Lavender Orpingtons, Euskal Oiloas (Basque hens), Partridge Chanteclers, Black Pendesencas & Sumatras

Easy Chickenry and Homesteading articles

#2 2010-06-12 12:20:31

LynneP
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: Choosing a category for your thread.

:iagree:

Another point is that relevant posts will be saved where they can later be found as a reference...we spend a lot of time deciding whether or not to move a post, and sometimes people are upset...very frustrating to be criticized when the poster could have chosen more carefully!

Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral. ~Frank Lloyd Wright

#3 2010-06-16 23:21:59

Skeffling Lavender Farm
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Just stickying this, maybe it will help.  :thumbsup:  Please read it and try to choose an appropriate category, the mods will thank you for it.  The work just multiplies when we have to move things then explain.  Cheers everyone :D

www.skefflinglavenderfarm.weebly.com  2012 Breeding quite friendly Lavender & Wheaten Ameraucanas, Lavender Orpingtons, Euskal Oiloas (Basque hens), Partridge Chanteclers, Black Pendesencas & Sumatras

Easy Chickenry and Homesteading articles

#4 2011-03-25 02:15:37

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

I feel we need to bring this subject back up.  I had to move around 8 topics tonight alone.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

Board footer