AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2008-03-25 07:58:18

Sweetchicks
I Love A.C.E.
Website

AE

adoptedbyachicken

PM
Well multi tests came back today and all confirmed AE.  This is bad news, I think all of you are best to submit your chicks for testing or to cull them.  The report with the last test said that these chicks that survive will pass the disease on to their chicks, and will be poor layers anyway.  If raised and then put out into the rest of your flock will infect those hens, who will then be poor layers and infect their chicks.  They say it's best to take the losses of these chicks now than have it continue for generation in your flock.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you.  Hatchery chicks are generally so safe.  I'm sure a big investigation will be done to find the cause but that will never change what has happened/happening to you now. 

April

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,

April

Never Say Never!

#2 2008-03-25 15:07:29

Sweetchicks
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: AE

I emailed them last week and waiting to hear back.
from what I've read yes the survivors are immune...but it can flare up with them down the road. So if these survivors are the only chickens a person will ever have it's ok..and..if not other poultry would have to be kept away from them till the new ones are old enough to have vaccinated.
But I'm waiting on CFIA to inform me what to do.
Mine are all healthy....some seem not to show symptoms until after 2 weeks old...they were 2 weeks yesterday...so not out of the woods yet.
Hpw are the 2 new little sick ones you have?

Never Say Never!

#3 2008-03-26 00:48:14

Chickee's Mom
I Love A.C.E.

Thank you so much Hidden, that is great news.
I am going to start enjoying these little guys now, I was so afraid I would have to get rid of them.
:woohoo:

#4 2008-03-26 06:28:21

Sweetchicks
I Love A.C.E.
Website

:thewave::thewave::thewave:

:cheer: :chick::chick::chick::chick: :cheer:

Finally a straight answer!

Did they say where we get them vaccinated?

I know this works great for me - next chicks come from Rochester April 4th - then Performance May 5th - timing is good....hope everyone else' works too!

Never Say Never!

#5 2008-03-26 06:31:54

Sweetchicks
I Love A.C.E.
Website

:iagree: with Chickee's Mom....it was too late to not get 'attached' I was in love when I opened the box!
I am so relieved now...thanks Hidden River for calling and posting!!!!!  :thumbsup:

Never Say Never!

#6 2008-03-26 09:53:37

Sweetchicks
I Love A.C.E.
Website

How old do the chicks need to be for vaccination?
How long are the chicks to be quarantined after vaccinations?
Ok 4 a.m. going to bed.

Never Say Never!

Board footer