AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2010-10-25 02:50:26

ChickieBooBoo
I Love A.C.E.

What quality are my Black Tailed White Japanese bantams?

hen and roo:
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx123/ChickensAllTheWay/Chickens/026-1-1.jpg

roo:
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx123/ChickensAllTheWay/Chickens/027-3.jpg

hen:
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx123/ChickensAllTheWay/Chickens/029-3.jpg

You haven't seen a tree until you've seen it's shadow from the sky. --Amelia Earhart

#2 2010-10-25 02:54:25

Prairie Chick
I Love A.C.E.

Re: What quality are my Black Tailed White Japanese bantams?

I think they are very nice, that roo is awesome... look how high his tail feathers are :shock:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you get, give.  If you learn, teach.... Maya Angelou

#3 2010-10-25 02:59:54

ChickieBooBoo
I Love A.C.E.

Prairie Chick wrote:

I think they are very nice, that roo is awesome... look how high his tail feathers are :shock:

I like the roo the best too. Somebody at the sale told me that in the Japanese the tails are supposed to be held very high and kinda go over their back. He said its not a good thing in most breeds except these guys.

You haven't seen a tree until you've seen it's shadow from the sky. --Amelia Earhart

#4 2010-10-25 17:36:05

makwaseni
I Love A.C.E.

I like the pictures , I think they are nice  I have the buff Japs,  and whites,

Custom made leather products including moccasins, mitts, dream-catchers, hobo bags etc. Soon there will be a new web site for Maverick Tanney in Unity Sask.  Once the site is developed, there will be many photos of my work there.

#5 2010-10-25 17:44:01

ChickieBooBoo
I Love A.C.E.

someone on another forum said their legs were too long, any thoughts on that?

#6 2010-10-25 17:50:21

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

I don't know.  The legs might be considered long for a show bird but they're a lot shorter than the long legged Black Japs I got from McMurrays years ago.  Those things could have played basketball.  :veryfunny:

Black Ameraucana

#7 2010-10-25 21:34:41

ChickieBooBoo
I Love A.C.E.

Fowler wrote:

I don't know.  The legs might be considered long for a show bird but they're a lot shorter than the long legged Black Japs I got from McMurrays years ago.  Those things could have played basketball.  :veryfunny:

lol, I am planning to try and show them in December for my 4-H progect.

#8 2010-12-04 06:37:02

Sushi
A.C.E. Addicted

Their legs look medium length for a Jap to me. They are supposed to have the really sort legs for show.
It depends what you have for competition there too. Their feathers are in nice condition, 5 points on the roo's comb. The long tail feathers haven't filled out completely on him yet. I think his body and wings could be a little more upright.

Board footer