AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2011-01-20 17:19:59

newchickontheblock
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

Length of Time Between Bath and Show

What would be the longest length of time between bath and show if I keep the bird by himself in a 4 by 4 area with deep shavings? Planning to show on Feb 19th if I can do a bunch earlier then I can take more birds!:D

Looking forward to 3 days of chicken chat November 23--25 Urban Farm Show !

#2 2011-02-14 07:49:44

LittleChickenRacingTeam
Banned

Re: Length of Time Between Bath and Show

I usually bathe mine the day before a show, especially if they are white.  You could probably get away with 2-3 days with a black or dark colour tho. If they are feather footed breeds, then you most likely will have to clean their feet on the day of the show as well.

~Breeder of the finest Chariot Racing Chickens in Ontario. 2003-2004-2008-2009 Championship Winner~

#3 2011-02-14 13:15:35

chitaquarott
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: Length of Time Between Bath and Show

We do ours three days prior and they have deep shavings until they show. Take a piece of silk to give them a finally buffing off with the silk and a little Crown Royal. Look great and smell perrty too.

Oh don't forget to trim nails and beaks about a week ahead of time.

Home of dark brahma standards, black langshan,  ameracauna, buff orpington, coronation sussex, australorp, bourbon red turkeys, naragansett,  jersey giants, sebastopol geese, two quarter horses and Berkshire pigs and highland heifers

Please email directly vs. Pm Please.   chitaquarott@ripnet.com

Board footer