AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2011-01-27 06:46:27

Dan Smith
Website

Hindged Roosts in coop.

I really like these hinged roosts. When it is time to clean you just lift the roost and it hooks up against the ceiling and when the cleaning is done you just release it. Short video showing what I mean.[img][/img]http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz9/wonderbar53/IMGP2478.jpg

Sorry this first pic is a still pic showing the ceiling with the roosts hooked up for cleaning.

Home to Black Copper Marans,Blue Copper Marans, Barnevelder's, True Ameraucana's, Welsummer's , Autralorp's, and Delawares ,four Doberman Pinscher's, three son's ( two still at home ) and a patient and loving wife.

#2 2011-01-27 07:01:42

Dan Smith
Website

Re: Hindged Roosts in coop.

[img][/img]http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz9/wonderbar53/th_IMGP2480.jpg

Here is the short video of me demonstrating the raised roosts. No laughing I am not a photographer.

Home to Black Copper Marans,Blue Copper Marans, Barnevelder's, True Ameraucana's, Welsummer's , Autralorp's, and Delawares ,four Doberman Pinscher's, three son's ( two still at home ) and a patient and loving wife.

#3 2011-01-27 07:01:43

Jonny Anvil
Banned

This is a great Idea, I was thinking about doing this in one our coops this summer, see how it works, never know might end up revamping a few things in Chickenville here.

Cheers on the nifty idea!

"The Black Orpington Society"
Home to heritage breed chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, RingNeck Pheasants, Reeves and Red Goldens.

" FEARS THE FUZZY! "

#4 2011-01-27 07:32:37

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

I have two roosts in my coop. One fixed and one that rests on the wall against two big nails. WHen it's time to clean I just pick it up, lean it against a wall, shovel, then replace it against its nails. It has never fallen off. This is great as long as the roost isn't too big. But for ease of cleaning, roosts should definitley be moveable.

#5 2011-01-27 12:51:07

Chickie Lover
I Love A.C.E.

That is such a neat idea!

#6 2011-01-27 14:10:16

BriarwoodPoultry
I Love A.C.E.
Website

We have the same system ... it works sooooo well!!!! Your coops are nice and simple and well organized.. looks good!

Black Copper, Wheaten, solid Blue Marans; Blue Laced Red Wyandottes; Silver Sussex; English Bantam Orpingtons in Blue/Black/Splash, Chocolate, Chocolate Cuckoo and Mauve, Cream Legbars, Euskal Oiloa, and Wheaten/Blue Wheaten ameraucanas! Imported from Greenfire Farms 2014: Malines, Alsterier, Swedish Flower Hens, Sulmtaler, Marsh Daisies, Black Copper Marans and Bielefelder

#7 2011-01-27 14:25:17

Dan Smith
Website

I wish that I would have put them in my first coops 12 years ago. I did alot of bending down and struggling to work under and around but from now on only hinged roosts.

#8 2011-01-27 19:06:30

Dark Wing Duck

:thumbsup:
Good job!
How big is that building? It looks like just the right size for about 6-10 birds on either side

#9 2011-01-27 20:43:40

Dan Smith
Website

The coop is only 8' x 10', I would have preferred larger. I am going to build one bigger asap probably 12'x 20'

#10 2011-01-28 16:49:09

Dark Wing Duck

My roosts are horizontal in my coops. Not on an angle like these are. They are not on hinges yet, but will be soon!!! :thumbsup: You got me thinking again!

Board footer