AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2011-02-14 03:35:31

marshasmall
A.C.E. Addicted

Need advice for my son's show hen

My son's pride and joy cubalaya hen has only half lenght tail feathers!  Should we bother bring her to Wetaskwin next weekend or is that a DQ?  Advise please  :confused:

#2 2011-02-14 06:11:44

RicoS
Growing Member

Re: Need advice for my son's show hen

It should not be disqualified but it probably won't win.  There will not be any other Cubalaya, so it nice for the public to see the different breeds.  I would bring her.

Rico Sebastianelli
APA General License Judge
Life Time Member of the APA and ABA
Grand Master Exhibitor of Black Cochin Bantams, Rouen and White Call Ducks

#3 2011-02-14 13:17:21

chitaquarott
A.C.E. Addicted

Sometimes a quality bird that isn't in pristine feather at the moment can do well. Quality is recognized by the judges and they understand what a moult does.

Home of dark brahma standards, black langshan,  ameracauna, buff orpington, coronation sussex, australorp, bourbon red turkeys, naragansett,  jersey giants, sebastopol geese, two quarter horses and Berkshire pigs and highland heifers

Please email directly vs. Pm Please.   chitaquarott@ripnet.com

#4 2011-02-14 14:34:23

marshasmall
A.C.E. Addicted

Thank you!!  My son will be tickled that she will be coming.

#5 2011-02-14 14:54:13

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

ricoseb wrote:

It should not be disqualified but it probably won't win.  There will not be any other Cubalaya, so it nice for the public to see the different breeds.  I would bring her.

Soooooo... it should win best Cubalaya...

Black Ameraucana

Board footer