AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2009-07-31 21:15:17

GransChickens
A.C.E. Addicted

Opportunity Auction for Gerald Donnelly

Saturday, September 19th, 10am. Due to illness all poultry and waterfowl to be auctioned. Includes some outside breeders.
19353 Glen Haffy Road, Caledon, Ontario. Joynt Auction 613-283-4730

Home to Buff Orpingtons, Speckled Sussex & Light Sussex, 2 Labradors, 4 cats and a very tolerant husband  http://granschickens.wordpress.com/

#2 2009-07-31 23:09:18

2ducky
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: Opportunity Auction for Gerald Donnelly

Any idea what he stocks for waterfowl?

Call Ducks-Exhibition- Mute Swans-Wood Ducks-Mandarin Ducks-American Wigeons-Northern Shovelers-Barrows Goldeneye-European Shelducks-Canada Geese-Mammoth Toulouse Geese-Exhibition-Rouens-Peacocks-Jacobin Pigeons-Exhibition
A True Duckoholic- "Hooked ON Quack"

#3 2009-08-01 05:02:13

chrissysask
A.C.E. Addicted

That one is a little too far for this bird. Too bad though

raising Arabian horses, meat goats, commercial sheep, guinea fowl, peafowl, merriam turkeys, pilgrim geese, rough collies, assorted exotic chickens

#4 2009-08-01 05:36:06

Cathyjk

He will have some of the most brilliant and amazing waterfowl and birds around. If you can partake, you should. This would be truly awesome. Sad that it's happening though.

#5 2009-08-01 20:01:42

2ducky
A.C.E. Addicted

I was hoping to find out exactly what breeds. It's great to have brilliant waterfowl but I need to know what kind. Of course now it's probably too late.

Call Ducks-Exhibition- Mute Swans-Wood Ducks-Mandarin Ducks-American Wigeons-Northern Shovelers-Barrows Goldeneye-European Shelducks-Canada Geese-Mammoth Toulouse Geese-Exhibition-Rouens-Peacocks-Jacobin Pigeons-Exhibition
A True Duckoholic- "Hooked ON Quack"

#6 2009-08-04 00:06:50

chitaquarott
A.C.E. Addicted

I'd love to go!! Anybody else from down Ottawa way care to go and split the gas?? I have big bed in the truck and seating for 4 comfy. I'm a Class 'A' driver, who loves a road trip once and a while, hehe>
Will try to call John and find out what he's got up there for all to know!!

Home of dark brahma standards, black langshan,  ameracauna, buff orpington, coronation sussex, australorp, bourbon red turkeys, naragansett,  jersey giants, sebastopol geese, two quarter horses and Berkshire pigs and highland heifers

Please email directly vs. Pm Please.   chitaquarott@ripnet.com

#7 2009-08-13 04:56:05

taras.farm
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

I'd like to think I'll get to this one....will keep ya posted

Love Quackers and Cluckers!

#8 2009-09-06 21:15:11

patandchickens
Growing Member

does anyone know what breeds one can expect? I would like to go but it's hard for me to get a day off from 'being a mom' so it would really help to know if there is anything that I would be interested in...?

Thanks for any info,

Pat

#9 2009-09-06 21:38:25

Cathyjk

Mr. Donnelly is a master breed and poultry judge. Probably 6 or 7 years ago is when i spoke with him looking for Shetland Geese--he had the only ones in Canada I could find at the time.

I know at one point he had Beltville White turkeys, Saddleback Pomeranian Geese and Sebastopols and perhaps Alyesbury ducks.

BUT, no matter what, he will have some of the very best, really the very best that can be found of a number of breeds.

Really nice man. I bet he spent 45 minutes on the phone with me talking about preserving breeds and how to maximize limited gene pools and he didn't know me from Adam

Board footer