AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2013-07-06 06:33:54

crazy cluckies
A.C.E. Addicted

Relationship's

Ok! Got a small problem!!!!!!!! I need relationship advise! When I'am outside doing various chores and building! It some times requires me or my daughter to get down on the ground! Most of our birds are free range and our birds are very friendly!I have a very confused tom...aka Chaplin. NO FOOT! NO LEG OR BACK is off limits! He is always mounting us! It's worse then a dog lol! My poor daughter was helping me put nesting boxes on one of our medium size chicken tractors and she was on her knees being momma's little wonder girl and wouldn't you know it ...Who come's along to take advantage of the situation Chaplin and his four band of brothers for an audience. Now I know we are loving to our birds but some where along the line our turkey tom got the wrong impression! Strangest darn thing! I pushed him off and told chaplin in a very stern voice that he should go find his girls! but as I say the word Chaplin the rest gobble very loudly and drowned out the rest of what I'am saying! Hmmmm! maybe the problem is he doesn't hear my message but I'am sure I send signals that i'am just not that into him and want only a friendship and I know my daughter says the same thing! You pet them in a loving way in your in a relationship! I'am sending a warning label out that if you pet this turkey he has mated you for life!!!!

Signed the lady under the turkey!

Last edited by crazy cluckies (2013-07-06 06:41:09)

Family of eight :) 3 dogs. 5 cats, two horses and a pony, 2 goats,pot belly pig, A few breeds of chickens,geese ,guinea fowl, Turkeys,peafowl and ducks! We are bird crazy here:)You can also find us on https://www.facebook.com/CrazyCluckiesHobbyFarm

#2 2013-07-06 08:25:34

Jay
I Love A.C.E.

Re: Relationship's

:veryfunny: that made me laugh so hard sorry....sounds like the poor guy needs a couple girls of his own species. .

Last edited by Jay (2013-07-06 08:25:52)

Pipin aint easy!!

#3 2013-07-06 08:41:23

crazy cluckies
A.C.E. Addicted

He has 9 girls that live here and he has no interest in them! Lookin for love in all the wrong places :lovedrool:  :rofl:

Family of eight :) 3 dogs. 5 cats, two horses and a pony, 2 goats,pot belly pig, A few breeds of chickens,geese ,guinea fowl, Turkeys,peafowl and ducks! We are bird crazy here:)You can also find us on https://www.facebook.com/CrazyCluckiesHobbyFarm

#4 2013-07-06 11:22:58

Jay
I Love A.C.E.

Typical male I guess it runs in all species lol.

Pipin aint easy!!

#5 2013-07-06 12:45:39

AuntieEvil

Your poor daughter...

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#6 2013-07-06 12:51:14

Jay
I Love A.C.E.

crazy cluckies wrote:

He has 9 girls that live here and he has no interest in them! Lookin for love in all the wrong places :lovedrool:  :rofl:

This one goes out to your turkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsQTVcCh9Ks

:veryfunny:

Pipin aint easy!!

#7 2013-07-06 12:56:14

smokyriver
I Love A.C.E.
Website

As mean as this is going to sound, grab him by the neck, smack his chest on both sides with your free hand, then pin him to the ground!  Let him know in no uncertain manner that you are the boss, and will not allow his behaviour!!!  It may take a few times, but he will figure out that you are not for loving, and what you say goes. He will learn what is yours and what is his!!

Poultry Palace
Providing quality hatching eggs and chicks

#8 2013-07-06 15:20:47

H/C Ranch
Growing Member

:iagree:

Funny as it is when no harm comes, they can get pretty aggressive.

I had a Tom last year and he had 3 gals, he started following me everywhere, puffed up 24/7 and after awhile he completely disregarded his ladies and stopped breeding them altogether...  Frustrating as that was, I still thought he was cute cause he was like my shadow but it was only a matter of time before he decided my hubby was the enemy.  Anytime he saw my hubby he'd rip across the yard full speed to attack, then it was my father, he was a BIG BIRD, I was terrified he was gonna go after the kids so I invited my friends over for a cold one and we had deep-fried turkey!  Delish!  Problem solved!

Hope he smartens up!  Have a good one!:hi:

Last edited by H/C Ranch (2013-07-06 15:23:14)

-Salmon Faverolles, Silver-Grey Dorkings & Welsummers       
            -Suffolk & Commercial Sheep
                    -Miniature Herefords, Dexters & Highlands
Our Facebook Page :  https://www.facebook.com/pages/HC-Ranch/411818082252988

#9 2013-07-06 15:49:56

confused
A.C.E. Addicted

Love all your comments. It's nice to have pets but there is a limit, isn't there.

#10 2013-07-06 16:23:38

Gallant Rooster Farm
A.C.E. Addicted

That happened to me when I got my first turkeys. Hatchery bronze ones. Except there were 6 males all wanting a try. Every time I crouched down to do something there they were chuffing and wonging their feathers. You know.... "puf puf puf .... woooonnnggg". Anyways, I had to fight them off. I learned that if if slap around blindly behind myself while doing what I had to do with the other hand they would stay away. I guess no one likes to get slapped in the face more then once.
Good luck!!!

~~~ Silkies,black/blue copper Marans, bantam Cochins, Belgian Bearded d'Uccle. ~~~

#11 2013-07-06 19:22:48

crazy cluckies
A.C.E. Addicted

It funny and alittle frustrating at the same time! I agree with all comments:) Thank you for them! As much as we find Chaplin a nice Tom and pet him when he's not being a typical male! We will just ignore him my daughter and I! We usually give him a pet or two each day, but it's encourage's his bazaar behavior! It's only us two he goes after because we are only two that pet him! Or pen him up for awhile! with a couple of girls so maybe he will be attracted to his own breed again! It's interesting that he would start doing this! Is it what it is...the mounting us and looking for a bit of action or is it dominating us that someone mentioned? I'am new to turkey's! Thank you Jay for the wonderful song :thumbsup:

Board footer