AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#16 2013-07-29 23:10:55

Roots
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: scythe or sickle mower

The metal blade looks like the saw blade on a table saw to cut wood.  It is still hard work going side to side but it works.  I have a Jari sickle bar mower and it works fine but it always needs TLC and has way more down time then my Stihl weed wacker.  If you are doing small patches, the weed wacker works great after you get into the groove.
Of course, both need gas and eventually need maintenance.

Looking for Legbar hatching eggs and rooster, and rosecomb brown leghorn hatching eggs and rooster.

#17 2013-07-29 23:40:54

Schipperkesue
Administrator

The key to using a blade and a weed wackier is to make small passes.  Only cut a little at once.  The blade will also push the grass off to the side.

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#18 2013-07-30 01:33:02

hoofgoddess
Growing Member
Website

It's ok Lynn, go ahead and make a deal on the scythe. LOL! My schedule is jammed at the moment, no time to spare. Thanks for asking though!

Self proclaimed hoof geek starting over and breaking new ground.

Board footer