AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2013-08-26 15:49:37

Island Girl

I have a lot to learn ...

The Comox show this past weekend was another learning experience for me. It only makes sense now but did you know that if your bird wins you have to be registered with the APA to receive points? What a bummer!

XOX Monika

Raising quality EOs

#2 2013-08-26 17:05:57

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Re: I have a lot to learn ...

Are the points for the bird or for you?  I am under the impression that the points are applied to you receiving an APA title.  Maybe someone can explain how all this works.

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#3 2013-08-26 17:07:06

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Oh.. And forgot to ask, did you win?  What breeds did you show?

#4 2013-08-28 03:35:56

debbiej
I Love A.C.E.

:Congrats2:         Monika's EOs, won 1st,  Her Booted Bantam won 1st in Feather Footed and Reserve Best Bantam :woohoo: She won some other ribbons too, but I forget what else. The EOs can enter, but can't win points. The Booted Bantam won the points, or would if Monika was an APA member.

Euskal Oiloa,  Dorkings,  Guinea Fowl , 2 Boston Terriers & 1 Rottweiler

#5 2013-08-28 03:37:59

susanr

:congrats: Monica.  That's awesome.  Too bad they didn't tell you about the points beforehand though :(

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#6 2013-08-28 04:24:32

appway

The pointsare for the master breeder program that APA Has
The Birds do not get points persay towards a Championship
The birds that day that say win Champion is just that the Champion then if they win Grand Champion They are just that
The next week if they go to a show they are just a entry not a Champion unless they win that day
IG Congrats on your wins  you can put their wins on your web Page If you want to collect points themn Join the club But That is for Master Breeder not for your Chickens
It explains it  on their page
http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/APA_point_system.htm

I am Just a Old Poultry Guy
And I state the facts

#7 2013-08-28 04:32:24

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Thanks Appway.  Not at all like dogs, is it?

#8 2013-08-28 05:15:08

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Sounds like the same way they do it for pigeons as well, thanks Appway

:Congrats2: Island Girl.  You must be so thrilled.  I know I am real happy to hear that the EO's won.  I don't want to down play the Booted Bantams, they did well too.  Looks like you had a great time.    clpz

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#9 2013-08-28 06:41:41

debbiej
I Love A.C.E.

Thank you Appway, not at all like dog shows

Euskal Oiloa,  Dorkings,  Guinea Fowl , 2 Boston Terriers & 1 Rottweiler

#10 2013-08-28 07:32:03

Qualicum Chick
A.C.E. Addicted

:Congrats2: to you Monika!  That's fabulous news! :Congrats2:

Live in Qualicum Beach, B.C., have a loving and patient husband, 3 wonderful dogs, 1 clever Maroon Bellied Conure, 2 sweet Bourke's Parakeets, 1 African Grey, 1 Jenday Conure, and a whole 'mess' of various chickens and ducks!

#11 2013-08-30 17:54:55

KathyS
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

Schipperkesue wrote:

Thanks Appway.  Not at all like dogs, is it?

I don't have a clue about how the dog show point system works.  Would you not have to be a member of CKC to aquire points?

Hawthorn Hill Poultry
Exhibition Buff Orpingtons, Cochins, Chanteclers & Rhode Island Reds

Member of APA, CHB, POAA, CFI and Cochins International

#12 2013-08-30 18:16:29

Schipperkesue
Administrator

In dogs you acquire points on the dog towards its championship or towards its standings in Canada.  I think there may also be a new rule that Canadians must have a CKC membership in order to keep those points.

#13 2017-01-31 17:23:14

HamaaraHof
Growing Member

Schipperkesue wrote:

In dogs you acquire points on the dog towards its championship or towards its standings in Canada.  I think there may also be a new rule that Canadians must have a CKC membership in order to keep those points.

We do a lot of showing and are long standing members of CKC,  but anyone that is the official registered owner can enter the dog for a show.
They need a set of "majors" (depending on how many other dogs defeited) and than a total of 10 points. For a Grand Champion two sets of majors
and a total of 20 points and a Best is Show or Best in Specialty win. CKC keeps track of the points for the dogs.

Now am trying to figure out poultry and rabbit showing, somewhat confusing yet, since it is so different, lol
I guess in time will figure that out too. Love to have a mentor, that is usually a great way to start :Bump:

And :congrats: on the poultry show wins Monica

Saxony, Pekin, Cayuga and Muscovy ducks, SL and GL Wyandottes, dilute Orpingtons, Bourbon Red turkeys and Standard Rex rabbits
Bernese Mountain Dogs
Haflinger Horses

Board footer