AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.
  • Index
  •  » Hospital
  •  » Injecting eggs and mycoplasma (GREAT MG discussion re:Lincospectin)

#61 2015-12-15 16:14:54

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

Re: Injecting eggs and mycoplasma (GREAT MG discussion re:Lincospectin)

I should clarify, I have seen references that show that  enrofloxacin (Baytril) has been used to successfully remove mycoplasmas from cell cultures, but none from a live animal.
I have a lead on another product called Plasmocin used for the same purpose, researching that now! I'm not sure if this is available as a drug that can be administered to a live animal.
http://bio.lonza.com/fileadmin/groups/F … asheet.pdf

#62 2015-12-16 05:19:24

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Re: Injecting eggs and mycoplasma (GREAT MG discussion re:Lincospectin)

Use extreme caution when handling baytril.  Avoid contact with eyes and skin.  The warnings are serious enough to make me want to avoid it.

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

• Index
  •  » Hospital
  •  » Injecting eggs and mycoplasma (GREAT MG discussion re:Lincospectin)

Board footer