AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#16 2014-04-02 16:26:58

just ducky
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

Re: Spring window agony

We lived for 10 years at this place with ocean and mountain view but through picture windows with broken down UV film.  I told my husband I was going to peel them off and he replied "dont you dare- it will make a huge mess".  Anyhow now that we decided to sell the house, all of a sudden it was important to him to price out new windows (couldn't do it for us over 10 years)  We got a couple of quotes on windows which were a decent chunk of change.  So,  when hubby went to work one day I thought what the heck and started peeling the film.  It peeled off beautifully but left sticky glue layer.  I used a wallpaper dissolving spray to cut through the stickiness and it worked amazingly well with a razor scraping away the goo.  Husband came home and thought an installation had taken place and it was so amazing to actually see what we had missed all this time living with a cataract view.  It added a tad of depression to not see well out the windows so maybe if you can soften the crap a razor knife and the right product will work.

Indian Runner Ducks,  Miniature Appaloosas, & Myotonic Goats,  a wonderful collie and havanese

Quarry Lake Farm in Saanich is officially SOLD...moved UP (Island)

#17 2014-04-02 18:17:00

uno
I Love A.C.E.

Well after yesterday's cleaning marathon, the sun came up today and..blech. What a streaky mess. But guess what? IT is what it is. I have GIVEN UP aiming for perfect windows. Soon the bamboo blinds will go up to block afternoon sun and heat  and you won't be able to see the badness anymore. Besides, crystal clear windosw are a death trap for birds. I feel it is my avian responsibility to have windows so dirty that they are perceived as solid objects by birds, and thus no bird splats itself to death on my windows! It's the only responsible thing to do. To save birds. With dirty windows.

#18 2014-04-02 22:01:40

prairie dog
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Been 20 years in the window industry , glass isn't that hard to clean is it ?

“Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.”.

"The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye ;The story of love Is hello and goodbye ; Until we meet again "

#19 2014-04-02 22:27:35

yardbirds

uno wrote:

Well after yesterday's cleaning marathon, the sun came up today and..blech. What a streaky mess. But guess what? IT is what it is. I have GIVEN UP aiming for perfect windows. Soon the bamboo blinds will go up to block afternoon sun and heat  and you won't be able to see the badness anymore. Besides, crystal clear windosw are a death trap for birds. I feel it is my avian responsibility to have windows so dirty that they are perceived as solid objects by birds, and thus no bird splats itself to death on my windows! It's the only responsible thing to do. To save birds. With dirty windows.

Priceless... :veryfunny:

urban farmer...  1- 32 week EE and 1 true blue ameraucana thx Fallyn, 1- Cream Brabanter pullet and 3- EE pullets, 28 weeks, and 3 - Wyandottes, 25 weeks old; 2-GL pullets and 1-SL cockerel... Thx FRF, Fallyn, & Anneke.

#20 2014-04-03 06:09:02

uno
I Love A.C.E.

Priarie Dog, get your rag, your bucket, your expertise and head on over, big shot. Dare you! yadderz

#21 2014-04-03 12:52:52

zenchicken

Spray 9 works but it smells so pick a nice day.  Just spray it on and watch the dirt dissolve wipe off.  Follow with window cleaner and your done.

#22 2014-04-03 14:08:16

milkcowaholic

Cleaning windows is akin to washing walls around my house - it plain don't happen!  I repaint every couple years to freshen up the place...I've been campaigning (dh calls it nagging!) for new windows for several years....one day we won't be able to see through these ones and he'll have to give in lol!
My barn, on the other hand, is pretty much spotless:P

Good Moms have sticky floors, dirty ovens, and  happy kids.  That's my motto and I'm stickin' to it!

Board footer