AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2014-05-25 21:53:02

TruNorth
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Contract Farmers wanted - southwest BC

My little hatchery -- True North Heritage Hatchery -- has an opportunity to grow much bigger if only I can increase the size of my breeder flocks, and I'm already maxed out on my own farm.  So I am looking for 6+ people to raise and keep a hatchery breeding flock on a contract basis.  I would supply the birds, and they would have to be raised according to my standards, and then the hatchery would buy hatching eggs at an agreed price.  Because these are heritage birds not being kept for table eggs or meat, they are not regulated by the various marketing boards.  The farmer would have to provide housing for the flock, not to be shared with any other animals, and for biosecurity reasons preference would be given to farms that do not have other poultry.  The farms need to be close enough to the hatchery (Langley) to minimize transport costs for weekly egg deliveries.  With the right set up it's a good little money maker that can qualify a small acreage for farm status. 

If you are interested in this, or know of someone, please contact me by email (not PM).

"Of course, a large mob of Light Sussex look at their best when running on a field!" - S.C. Sharpe, 1920

Check out the True North Heritage Hatchery website!  http://truenorthfarm.ca/  
Order Mistral Gris through me.

Board footer