AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2014-10-17 03:44:28

shootemup

Order from TruNorth!

Building the poultry operation here on a pretty good scale - Three weeks ago we picked up 25 chicks (an overrun of 23 light sussex and 2 mistral gris from another hatch) from True North Hatchery when we ordered 25 Ameruacanas and 25 production reds which came home on Tuesday and are settling in nicely now.  By April we should have a nice assortment of eggs coming in and the surplus roosters in the freezer.  It has been great dealing with Emily, and we will certainly do so again in the spring for a flock of mistral gris and perhaps some caramel queens.  Very healthy chicks, no mortality so far, and always nice to do business relatively local.  Highly recommend!

#2 2014-10-17 03:47:59

yardbirds
Administrator

Re: Order from TruNorth!

:congrats:  and Emily is a wealth of info too.  :thumbsup:

Soldier of Tolerance

[ If you consider yourself a "gift" to all you share your life with....I promise you will always give your best.... ]

#3 2014-10-17 07:07:19

Natasha(fcrlove)
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

I had a couple of caramel queens from Emily.  They were by far my healthiest birds.  Big and beautiful and prolific layers.  Both went broody but I was OK with that.  Stuffed some eggs under each of them and they hatched me some of my current flock.  I am a bit envious of you.  Like I was telling you when you got the quail.  I would just love to raise up some Mistral Gris one day when I get a real farm. :)

Natasha MacDonald → I'm a backyard chicken keeper.  We've got a Flemish Giant and Holland Lops and twin daughters in 4H.  Flat-Coated Retrievers too!

#4 2014-10-17 07:09:08

Natasha(fcrlove)
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

Oh, BTW Shootemup.  Any quail eggs yet?  Mine have really dropped off in the laying department.  I can hatch you out a few more if you wish.  Once eggs start reappearing. My stock is from an AE member - Perry Schofield.

Natasha MacDonald → I'm a backyard chicken keeper.  We've got a Flemish Giant and Holland Lops and twin daughters in 4H.  Flat-Coated Retrievers too!

#5 2014-10-17 11:50:41

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Emily is a great Canadian resource for both chicks and information!

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#6 2014-10-17 18:31:12

Thor
A.C.E. Addicted

:iagree:

#7 2014-10-18 03:56:13

shootemup

Absolutely...talking with Emily just stuffed my head with information.

Natasha - not a single quail egg yet...but I am in no hurry - not enough room yet.

Board footer