AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over TWENTY NINE HUNDRED Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2009-09-10 14:42:04

2ducky
A.C.E. Addicted

Colloidal Silver Works on Birds Who would of Thought!

Went to the Lakedell fair last Saturday and bought some colloidal silver because of its natural healing properties. I did not know how many things it was good for-there are alot more than i can imagine. But the info sheet that they give describes the uses and it said that it was good for sinustis/rhinitis (nasal infections). So, I gave some to my husband who has issues breathing, after 2 squirts and about a half hour later, his throat was clear and he could breath 50% better. So, I got to thinking, I have a little cal duck who from birth has had breathing issues and always coughs after coming in from outside, so for the last 4 days I have been giving him 2 squirts in his mouth first thing in the morning. He's not coughing anymore, his overall body carriage has improved 100%. he's full of energy and a very happy little man, he's getting goofy in the water and trying to fly around. These are things he's never done before, but there is something that worked for him. I would of never thought in a million years that stuff like this would work, and work better than any antibiotic. Who Knew!

Call Ducks-Exhibition- Mute Swans-Wood Ducks-Mandarin Ducks-American Wigeons-Northern Shovelers-Barrows Goldeneye-European Shelducks-Canada Geese-Mammoth Toulouse Geese-Exhibition-Rouens-Peacocks-Jacobin Pigeons-Exhibition
A True Duckoholic- "Hooked ON Quack"

#2 2009-09-10 15:13:53

Frog Hollow Creations
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

Re: Colloidal Silver Works on Birds Who would of Thought!

I love the stuff! It is super useful. You can get it at holistic stores, from alternative med clinic, some vitamin/health food shops carry it, but you have to check the quality as I refered a friend to it once and the stuff she bought was mostly water...
anyone have ecxema? (sp) Taken internally my best friend's son went from sore bleeding patches to only slightly pink in about 3-4 days. He hasnt had a severe outbreak since (takes regularly) and that was 4 years ago.

Thank you from the bottom of my a** because its bigger than my heart.....for all your help, tips and ideas!
Care-taker of a very proud kindergartener, a duck/goose breeder in the making and an 11yr old drama queen along with ducks, chickens, donkeys, cats, dogs, frogs and guineas!

#3 2009-09-10 15:24:03

B***1
A.C.E. Addicted

Try this:     If you don't have a "Google  Toolbar" on your desktop of browser.   Go to "www.google.ca"  .   type in Colloidal Silver and click "search".      The results will amaze you! 

I use Google everytime some member brings  up a subject that I've never heard of -     "vine peaches"   "germe-zone"  ,  etc.   A lot faster than waiting for another member to come up with some (maybe questionable) information in a thread.

#4 2009-09-10 15:36:30

ipf
A.C.E. Addicted

me too. . .

#5 2009-09-10 18:10:04

Dom
I Love A.C.E.

Do you mean just regular silver?
We use it all the time.  It works for just about anything.  You can clean with it, drink it and use it on anything!
I can imagine it would work on anything, but not sure if I'd be allowed to use it on birds...
You can get the machines for making silver too.  Our friend has one and she sells us alot! And for alot cheaper than the Pharmacist.
I want to try it on a bird though!

#6 2009-09-11 01:08:44

jackieb22
A.C.E. Addicted

I am looking at getting some as a friend told me that it will get rid of my cold sores forever! Man I am sooo into that

helping the underground chicken

#7 2009-09-11 02:24:41

helloelloelo

We have used colloidal silver with a great amount of success on cats, people, dogs...have not had a reason to try it yet on the birds, thanks for the idea :)

~*A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked*~
We currently have 1 splash cochin roo, 1 splash cochin hen, 2 black cochin hens, 3 buff cochin hens, 4 silver laced wyandotte hens and 3 silver laced wyandotte roos and 3 partridge chantecler hens
Want: Partridge chanteclers, we really need a roo! :)

#8 2009-09-11 14:45:07

CynthiaM
I Love A.C.E.

Colloidal silver water has been a staple in our house for years and years.  We make it ourselves.  We have a small unit that my Husband made.  It is basically comprises of three 9 volt batteries hooked up to some alligator clips.  The alligator clips hook onto the two silver rods that are suspended in a quart of water.  This water has a small solution of sea salt water in it, the water is distilled.  When I use it in my chicken yard, I use regular tap water, but because of the minerals the water turns colour.  Distilled water is recommended.  I have seen miracle cures with silver water.  Burns that have healed where even the doctor could not himself believe the results (honey was also used in conjuction with silver water to health this particular burn).  I have cured parvo virus in a small puppy that we had.  Parvo is usually almost 100% death, sometimes a vet can get a puppy through parvo virus, but I understand it is about $1,200 for the process.  Not an option.  Colloidal silver water is so powerful for many many other things.

How colloidal silver water works.  The silver that comes off the rods through a small electrical charge is suspended (colloided) in the water (this is basically what happens).  This water is powerful.

The silver in the water works as a catalyst, disabling the enzyme that one-celled bacteria, fugi and viruses use for the metabolism.  Unlike antibiotics, resistant strains have never been known to develop.  In fact, antibiotics are only effect against about a dozen forms of bacteria and fungi, but never viruses.  Tests show that colloidal silver water is effective against more than 650 different disease-causing pathogens.  In fact, experts say that no known disease-causing organism tested has been able to live in the presence of even minute traces of the chemical element of metallic silver, colloidal silver.

This is a small sample of diseases against which C.S. has been used successfully, according to medical texts:  acne, allergies, appendicitis, arthritis, blood parasites, bubonic plague, burns (C.S. is one of the few treatments that can keep severe burn patients alive), cancer, candida, cholera, chronic fatigue, colds and flue, conjunctivitis, diabetes, gonorrhea, hay fever, herpes, leprosy, leukemia, lupus, lymphangitis, lyme disease, malaria, meningitis, parasitic infections, both viral and fungal, pheumonia, rheumatism, ringworm, scarlet fever, septic conditions of the eyes, ears, mouth and throat, shingles, skin cancer, staph infections, strep infections, syphilis, toxemia, trenchfoot, all forms of viruses, warts and stomach ulcers.

The above two paragraphs in italics are quoted from my colloidal silver manual.  Again, do some research on the internet, become informed, you will understand the power of silver colloided in water.  In the long ago olden days, BTW, homes would put a silver coin into the milk to keep it from going bad.  Just a little interesting tidbit here.

If I could figure out how to put a picture in here (which I probably will one day), I will show a picture of how pretty actually the silver particles look when they are working to be colloided into water, a very lovely picture actually.  Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Two breeding groups of large fowl -- blue, splash and black cochins and buff orpingtons.     Located one half hour north of Vernon.  Also a keeper of the honeybees.

#9 2009-09-11 14:58:14

Skeffling Lavender Farm
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Interesting Cynthia.  Thanks, that makes total sense.  We just colloidal silver saw it at the feed store the other day.  I'd love to make my own.  What hand book do you have and where would be the best place to obtain the silver rods and how long to they last/how much do they produce?  Should one order extras?  We watched a You tube link to making it, but didn't explain much about the electrical side of it, just the timing etc.  So are curious about that. They had it plugged in the the mains with no batteries. Do the batteries last a while?  Thanks for any info

Last edited by Skeffling Lavender Farm (2009-09-11 14:58:29)

www.skefflinglavenderfarm.weebly.com  2012 Breeding quite friendly Lavender & Wheaten Ameraucanas, Lavender Orpingtons, Euskal Oiloas (Basque hens), Partridge Chanteclers, Black Pendesencas & Sumatras

Easy Chickenry and Homesteading articles

#10 2009-09-11 15:28:36

Ruthc
A.C.E. Addicted

I think you want to also use some caution with this also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloidal_silver

#11 2009-09-11 15:49:49

CynthiaM
I Love A.C.E.

RuthC.  I totally think that "argyria" may pertain to someone that may drink "gallons" of the stuff a day.  Exaggerating a little here, but it would take an incredible amount of the silver water to turn the skin grey, basically that is what argyria is, from my understanding.  Anyways, the small amount that is ingested by a human being is nothing, really not an awful lot at all.  Period.  I don't believe that for one little bit.  Having used C.S. for years and years, I am still nicely coloured, in regular human pigmentation, smiling.

I received my manual from my Auntie, whom is now deceased.  It is not a book, just a 10 page or so manual that she gave me when she bought her original generator many years ago.  My Husband copied the design that the instructions in the book gave.  Ours uses the three 9 volt batteries.  I know that my Brother has his so it hooks up to telephone outlet or something.  I would suppose that anything works.

I have entertained the thought one day of typing out the handbook, of course, getting permission firstly from the company that published it.  It would take me a couple of days, maybe this winter.  But I would have to have someone dictate it to me (having worked as a research typist for many a year in Vancouver, I can type faster than the average person can talk, so it is a nevermind for me to type something out).  Probably why I can be rather ramblin' with some topics, smiling.

Skeffling Lavender Farm.  I don't know where to purchase the rods, my Auntie gave me mine about 10 years ago and I still and using these original ones.  Of course the rods are much thinner, but they are still finely functioning.  I know in the health food store the bottles of C.S. are between $12 to $20 per 750 ml.  It is a crying shame that it is so costly to buy, as it only cost pennies to make.  C.S. is good for approximately one month, and thereafter loses the value quite rapidly. It must be stored in a dark bottle or in a dark cupboard, or in a dark "food grade" plastic bottle, like the brown one that hydrogen peroxide and many other things come in.  If it comes to contact with light for any length of time, it discolours, and I am sure that it is not good anymore.  Also, should not be stored near a magnetic source, like a microwave, etc.  The batteries last a fairly long time, you will know when they are not viable, as the silver does not colloid into the water.  The silver that comes off the rods is so pretty and clearly visible.  Hope this helps out.  have that wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Two breeding groups of large fowl -- blue, splash and black cochins and buff orpingtons.     Located one half hour north of Vernon.  Also a keeper of the honeybees.

#12 2009-09-11 15:57:03

B***1
A.C.E. Addicted

OK,  this is a solution of silver ions in acidic water.    For the electolosis to work the water has to have salt in it.  Salt water is corrosive -  i.e. acidic.   So why wouldn't this work -   drop a silver coin (can still be found in change) in a water font containing cider vinegar.    There will be a reaction between the acidic vinegar and the silver coin.   Birds will get a double benefit of the silver and the cider vinegar.   No?   

Hydrogen peroxide works as a disinfectant because it is acidic and kills the bad cells of bacteria.    I don't know the chemistry of silver ions in salt water, but I'm sure the same reaction takes place.   Using it on burns likely helps healing by killing the bad bacteria that attacks the open wound. 

Here's a project for all you school aged ACE participants to take to chemistry class.

#13 2009-09-11 16:35:02

Skeffling Lavender Farm
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Thanks for the info.  I'll do some more research on it.  Sometimes you can find old pdf scanned user manuals and literature online.  I envy you with the typing.  For every 10 letters I type 2-3 are wrong :hide:  I'd definitely be intersted in a copy of that.......So the other question is if put in a waterer for the birds, it couldn't be a galvanized metal one right?  Or maybe you'll get colloidal zinc? Not quite the same....

www.skefflinglavenderfarm.weebly.com  2012 Breeding quite friendly Lavender & Wheaten Ameraucanas, Lavender Orpingtons, Euskal Oiloas (Basque hens), Partridge Chanteclers, Black Pendesencas & Sumatras

Easy Chickenry and Homesteading articles

#14 2009-09-11 16:51:36

B***1
A.C.E. Addicted

You'll definately dissolve the zinc in the galvanizing if you acidify the water!    I wouldn't recommend using cider vinegar in a galvanized font.  A water source that is high PH would definately wear out the galvanizing faster.   However,  I take zinc when I feel a sore throat coming on.    As with all medications using silver should come with the same caution:   "There is moderation in all things!"   A small amount can't hurt you;  prolonged use or overdosing could cause side-effects.

#15 2009-09-11 17:22:34

Sweetchicks
I Love A.C.E.
Website

http://cancertutor.com/Cancer02/CSilver.html

This link states only use distilled water....period.
I'm going to try this...maybe this winter...more time!
Also this site was good http://chetday.com/colloidalsilvergenerator.htm

Never Say Never!

Board footer