AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2015-06-06 05:19:04

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Horse mom brag

Warning, this will be hard to take. It's a mom brag.

Horse Daughter was approached tonight by the stable owner. Owner said, "I have a student who is a very capable rider, but there was an incident, her horse is in rehab and will be for a long time.  This woman's confidence is absolutely shattered. She needs to get back on a horse, but nothing can go wrong. Nothing. Can we please use your horse for some riding for this lady? "

Horse Daughter said, yes, of course, take the big knob anytime you need him.

Horse Daughter also sent me pictures of her horse's project child. A skinny, gangly red-headed kid who is horse crazy but has no horse of her own. She spends every spare minute at the stable, doing any chores she can, just to be around horses, just so maybe she can get to ride one. When HD moved her horse over to this stable this girl said she would muck his stall if she could ride him once a month. HD said if you muck his stall you can ride him whenever you want. Well oh my Gordon, the project child almost fainted!

Horse is a bit of a turd with children. He knows he does not have to give to the bit or move in a nice frame. Nose up, back sagging, he drags his feet around the arena. But the kid looks like she's riding Big Ben, a huge smile on her face. However, when she aims him at a jump he pulls himself together and with the utmost care goes over as delicately as his Clyde type body will allow. His heart is pure gold. Horse Daughter has been offered good money, GOOD MONEY for this boy and has always said no. But even the fact that people constantly offer to buy a horse that is not for sale is, to me, a feather in her cap.

I bet when she broke him all those years ago she never knew she would, in her way, be entering the therapeutic riding world. She competes on this horse.  He does English, Western, dressage, 3 day eventing, arena jumping, gymkhana  you name it ... and anyone can get on him and be perfectly safe. He has a reputation for being a doll.

I am proud that she has helped craft such a horse, proud that she shares him with others. (just wish it had gone this way for Stone Man. That was a hard and painful experience for her, she still feels he is one that got away)

#2 2015-06-06 05:35:12

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: Horse mom brag

What are you saying about red-heads Uno?????

But really, what a wonderful thing that horsey daughter of yours is, even if her hair is clearly not red!

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

#3 2015-06-06 05:55:46

debbiej
I Love A.C.E.

Sounds like you have raised a Gem uno  . What a kind, generous  young woman, and obviously a killer horse trainer   You should be very proud of HD

Euskal Oiloa,  Dorkings,  Guinea Fowl , 2 Boston Terriers & 1 Rottweiler

#4 2015-06-06 11:48:24

CynthiaM
I Love A.C.E.

Heda, you are a red head right, smiling that big smile, more like strawberry blonde from the only picture I have seen of you :veryfunny:

Uno, this tale made me well up with tears of pride for you, pride for your Daughter, and pride for the horse.  Three in one, how cool.  I picture this delicate child upon the huge horse that is as gentle as a horse can be.   Could there ever be a more wonderful horse, one that can be trusted to the point that his fellow can?  I think not.  Trust of the horse and trust of the human make for a beautifully minded horse and rider.  Yes, girl, you should be proud, your Daughter has done something most wonderful.  She will not even realize it yet, but as years go by, and that young girl that she so lovingly took under her wing, with regard to the allowance to ride the horse will impact this young lady probably for the rest of her life.  These deeds of kindness go on forever and forever more.  I love that.  I have heard you talk many tales of this horse, and I can bet my bottom dollar, HD will never sell him.  There is no money that could ever be enough for the kind of fellow he is, and I thrill to hear these things that you tell.  For some reason this reminds me of my oldest girl too.  In a very small way.  She knows how important it is to be kind to any child that wants to sit on a horse.  I have seen children that my Daughters, both, have sat on their horses, even if it is to sit, while the lead shank is being held by adult, the smile on the face of the child, it speaks to itself and may make just one more smile on the face of a child.  Happy dancing for your Horsey Daughter, she has a kind heart.  Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Two breeding groups of large fowl -- blue, splash and black cochins and buff orpingtons.     Located one half hour north of Vernon.  Also a keeper of the honeybees.

#5 2015-06-06 12:12:25

AuntieEvil
Website

Excellent. Sounds like HD likes to inspire more than just the four footed kids =)
What more could we ask of our children than a kind heart?

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#6 2015-06-06 15:22:16

appway

Good update Uno Thanks for sharing

I am Just a Old Poultry Guy
And I state the facts

#7 2015-06-06 16:30:25

crestedbird
A.C.E. Addicted

that is awesome!! really :D ... brag away  :)

Farm closed down, no animals left but I still love farm life and will miss it!

#8 2015-06-06 17:50:55

Susan

Well done HD! And you too, Uno :)

Owned by my birds! Euskal Oiloak, Hungarian Yellows, Bantam Frizzles, Saxony Ducks, and a whole lot more :)

The more I learn, the less I know.

#9 2015-06-06 18:13:31

susanr

Very well done!  For all of you!  clpz

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#10 2015-06-06 19:18:56

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Sounds like your daughter is really paying it forward, being so kind, helping these kids.    The horse sounds like a gem, that doesn't come along very often.  Thanks to your daughters hard work.

I can see your daughter having her own stable one day.   :Congrats2:

#11 2015-06-06 22:18:40

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Lady Leghorn, I'd love for her to have her own stable, as long as it's not here!

Heda, in fact, HD is often a redhead, Sometimes platinum blonde, sometimes jet black, now and then burgundy, but most often, a vibrant, auburn red. Her driver's license describes her hair colour as : other.

This Clyde X is her once in a lifetime horse. Comes when called, kneels to be mounted, rides at liberty with no bridle, halter or anything, just leg aids. He's pretty awesome. He's also kind of dorky. The good ones are!

#12 2015-06-07 03:47:59

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

No I can see her having a BIG stable of her own.     Not at your place, honest.   :blushing:     It's not often you get a horse like that.   Glad she keeps turning down offers.  :thumbsup:

#13 2015-06-08 13:39:42

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

Very good news.  Can you make a career from creating therapeutic horses?

Do politicians need therapeutic riding? Can she get Stoneman back?

Black Ameraucana

#14 2015-06-08 17:24:07

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Oh Fowler. :iagree:  :rofl:   :veryfunny:

#15 2015-06-08 17:32:50

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Fowler, you are so bad! But I can imagine there are a few politicians that should be sent for a trail ride on Stone Man. No good ending there!

Board footer