AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.
  • Index
  •  » Horses
  •  » Stone Man, it ain't over after all.

#16 2015-07-04 15:20:32

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: Stone Man, it ain't over after all.

Fowler, she is very aware that if he is ever trustable (doubtful) that he will be a one man horse. That's why last time around she placed him with a bucking stock contractor and NOT into a home with the hope that he can be rehabilitated. She is extremely realistic about his potential to hurt someone. She also knows that she is the end of the line for him and is prepared (extremely reluctantly) to destroy him. But as he is now, as the situation is now, she absolutey knows that he goes into no one's hands.

The only, ONLY possible sale would to be a high school rodeo school who want horses that buck, a little. Horses that are not wild. If he still bucks, not enough for pro riders, but maybe enough for beginner bronc riders, that is the only place he could go.

SHe does not believe in passing along problems without full disclosure. This particular problem will end here, I'm pretty sure.

#17 2015-07-04 16:21:21

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

I wasn't suggesting that she might pass him on without disclosure, just that another person may overestimate their abilities.

Black Ameraucana

#18 2015-07-04 18:51:59

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Oh, that over estimating of one's abilities is ALL OVER the horse world. My kid is one such over-estimator! Guilty as charged! :blushing:

#19 2015-07-05 14:01:16

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

Uno try to talk your daughter out of this.    It's cruel but you could ask your daughter who will look after her  and her other animals when this horse turns her into a quadriplegic? She should stay off this horse at all costs. Bring him home if she must, but find other ways to make him useful, or euthanize so she doesn't agonize over his fate.....but never, never ride him. If the rodeo didn't take the buck out of him she sure won't. Perhaps if she looked at it from the horse's perspective- he very clearly  just does not want to be ridden, to make him do so is cruel to him. This is not Love.

#20 2015-07-05 18:17:34

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Robbie, believe me, I've tried!

I have offered to pay to have him put down. This makes me feel like a horrible person, offering to destroy a perfectly healthy animal. But his is a sad case. He's not a rodeo horse. (she sent him there hoping that he would at least have a useful life where he was cared for) He is not a riding horse. I don't know if he'd make a pack horse because even pack horses must be trustworthy and maybe carry a human in an emergency.

Believe me, this story has been full of despair and hope and horror and grand accomplishment and bitter disappointment and I thought it was finally over. But no! I was wrong! I am too old for this and Horse Daughter is not thinking clearly. But like I said, she has yet to try and get him in a trailer and bring him home or to the stable. So that right there might seal his fate.

#21 2015-07-05 18:35:14

Visitor
I Love A.C.E.

Can't just let him free range somewhere ?

#22 2015-07-05 19:13:53

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Isn't it a full moon?   Or just passing?    That affects a lot of people.

#23 2015-07-05 19:47:20

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

Uno I feel your pain- I really don't know what to say or how to help, but you have done all that you possibly could. If your daughter's mind is set then all we can hope for now is that the horse will come around. I was wondering, has he been checked for a back injury or pain in his back? That could explain everything.

#24 2015-07-06 01:25:25

Island Girl

Today was the day she was going to try, right? I am scared to know what happened.  :praying:

XOX Monika

Raising quality EOs

• Index
  •  » Horses
  •  » Stone Man, it ain't over after all.

Board footer