AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#61 2016-08-01 21:20:50

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

Re: Buckeyes: Compare 1905- present

A lot has happened! Sadly I am down to only  1 Buckeye hen,  this one is pretty good. Perennially broody........ I had to euthanize a very nice second Buckeye hen last week,  she just wasn't right, from the autopsy it looks like she had fatty liver......... her kidneys were pale too, and she had a ton of abdominal fat even though she'd been broody for the past couple of weeks. The rest of the flock seems fine so I'm not sure what happened to her, metabolic?
I hatched out some Buckeye eggs this spring, got some very nice pullets, but only one good cockerel and one so-so one .
I also hatched out some Buckeye/Cornish cross chicks, they are amazing.
I'm going to focus on my project birds for a while, I will see how these Buckeyes grow up and go from there in 2017.

#62 2016-08-01 21:58:08

shaded
Growing Member

oh no robbie-i've not been following here or PTO well enough! 
hope your project crosses work out well for next season.
I have been consulting with crystal too-maybe a combined effort next spring if you want more buckeye toasted marshmallows running around.

White Chanteclers-Buckeyes-DarkStCornish-Brown&ExchequerLeghorns-BCMarans-Blue&SplashAmeracaunas
Narragansett, Beltsville SW, Slate & Bourbon Red turkeys. 
Heritage orchard herbs garden & heritage bees-descendants from this farm. Maple Syrup. Cage birds too.
Wish for 4 legged livestock!

#63 2016-08-01 22:07:19

la-chicken
SOP Breeder
Website

:sorry: to hear this Robbie.

I am sure we can think of something!

Home to: Buckeyes: I am very passionate and devoted in breeding Buckeyes. I am a breeder that is always improving the breed.  I want to breed a buckeye that Nettie Metcalf would be proud of.
               Looking forward to getting the Canadian Buckeye Club up and running under the umbrella of American Buckeye Club.

#64 2016-08-02 13:25:22

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

Yeah seems like I have not had great luck so far  with my buckeye acquisition program!!! Started right from the get- go with a custom raised chick mix up, flu outbreak, then home made incubator issues, then rough courier rides!
Shaded and la-chicken- thanks!!!! for sure, I will be needing more eggs from both of you,  in the near future.  Ya know spring is just around the corner!!! And now I have that cabinet sportsman............ mwahh haa haaa haaaaaaaa!!!

#65 2016-09-08 23:44:55

Bucky
New Here

I would love to get my hands on a breeding trio.

Bucky from the County of Grande Prairie.

#66 2016-09-09 01:41:00

la-chicken
SOP Breeder
Website

Keep in touch, Bucky.
I am sure we can get something for you.
I just did 2017 Breed selections on my Cockerels. I am keeping 6 over the winter but will most likely sell a few in the spring.

Home to: Buckeyes: I am very passionate and devoted in breeding Buckeyes. I am a breeder that is always improving the breed.  I want to breed a buckeye that Nettie Metcalf would be proud of.
               Looking forward to getting the Canadian Buckeye Club up and running under the umbrella of American Buckeye Club.

Board footer