AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#31 2015-12-24 23:27:32

susanr

Re: Sick horse

So glad to hear horse is doing better!  Merry Christmas to you & yours uno :D

Friend to 2 house cats, 3 long-haired mini dachshunds, one outside cat, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#32 2015-12-25 00:47:23

fuzzylittlefriend
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

Uno your vet if willing can teach her how to give intramuscular injections. It's not hard. My vet showed me when I was 15 so I could administer what he left me. No need to take a course. Intravenous is anothe story but most medications can be given IM ( just banamine and sedatives. And you don't want to screw up banamine iv.).

Breeding d'uccles in Mille fleur and porcelain
Australorps
White call ducks and welsh harlequin
White sebastapol geese

#33 2015-12-25 01:40:32

Sunfeathers
A.C.E. Addicted

Good idea about the course! I used to be very nervous, my hand would shake as I tried to give the shot. Once you get through the first few it gets A LOT better. It'll be easy in no time.

Glad to hear she's doing better.christ.mas

#34 2015-12-25 06:35:35

DaronwyK
Website

Had an old vet teach me how to do IM shots, (we were in the middle of a strangles outbreak and several horses needed antibiotics once a day). Once you're shown the safe zones, it really is easy. I'd never want to attempt IV, that I leave to the vets. If she'd feel more comfortable with a course, then by all means take one, but usually a session with your vet is good enough. It's a very valuable skill to have.

~~~~~~@~~~~~~
Standard Polish, Salmon Faverolles & Swedish Ducks

#35 2015-12-26 23:00:11

niglefritz

clpz It is good to hear that the horse is improving! It is such a good feeling to win a battle when it seems like there is next to no hope of recovery.

Yay for your daughter too. I bet she has learned lessons that she will forever remember.

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

Board footer