AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2016-01-28 18:36:00

MoonspiritMom
New Here

Setting up in a new home..

I used to be apart of this forum many years ago... but I have since moved into a new home/property (and now new logon name as well) and find myself needing the expertise of this forum again.

I'm glad to be back!

Looking to get into Rabbits this time.. although i have tried my hand at Turkeys, pigs, sheep, chickens (of course! gate way drug to farm living!) and cows. 

We recently got into Muscovy ducks this past spring. we still have cows and chickens too.

Anyways.. looking for others who are into Rabbits, for meat or show really i just want to learn.

Anyone here raise rabbits in a Otter colour? I really like that colouring.

Anyways!!

Hi again!

working hard on our new homestead in the Okanagan Valley!
4 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats... a smattering of barn yard chickens and 5 muscovy ducks.  Looking to get into Rabbits!

#2 2016-01-28 18:56:08

yardbirds
Administrator

Re: Setting up in a new home..

:thumbsup:  Welcome Back Candace.  So you know to add your location to your profile?  Right?  Good Luck with your rabbit search, am sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for.  :D

Soldier of Tolerance

[ If you consider yourself a "gift" to all you share your life with....I promise you will always give your best.... ]

#3 2016-01-28 22:56:12

MoonspiritMom
New Here

Of course.. it just took me a bit to remember where to do that!

lol

Can't wait to get into Rabbits!

4 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats... a smattering of barn yard chickens and 5 muscovy ducks.  Looking to get into Rabbits!

#4 2016-01-29 13:26:49

CynthiaM
I Love A.C.E.

Welcome back to our forum, from the north Okanagan of BC, northeast of Enderby, have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Two breeding groups of large fowl -- blue, splash and black cochins and buff orpingtons.     Located one half hour north of Vernon.  Also a keeper of the honeybees.

#5 2016-01-29 14:46:37

MoonspiritMom
New Here

Thanks!

#6 2016-01-29 15:25:19

Schipperkesue
Administrator

:welcome:

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#7 2016-01-29 15:46:20

debbiej
I Love A.C.E.

hi welcome back. Hope you find your "Otter" rabbits

Euskal Oiloa,  Dorkings,  Guinea Fowl , 2 Boston Terriers & 1 Rottweiler

#8 2016-04-17 14:55:41

Jdodd1079
New Here

There are quite a few little breeders in the Powell River area now! Are you on FB?  We have a backyard chickens group

#9 2016-04-17 15:04:53

mountainharvest
A.C.E. Addicted

:welcome:, from the not too distant Koots!  I don't have otter colored rabbits, but I raise champagne d'argent for meat and fur, and when the kids are bigger I want to get into showing.  Rabbits are great!  Super easy to raise, super easy to process and delicious!!  Good luck finding your critters!

Small flock of mixed heritage chickens for glorious eggs, bee keepers, team of Percherons & of course cats and dogs, pedigreed Champagne d'Argent rabbits.  Wife, cheesemaker, baker, organic gardener, & pooper-scooper extrordinaire, and mama to two beautiful, energetic babes and number 3 'in the oven' and due in June!!

#10 2016-04-17 15:07:05

crestedbird
A.C.E. Addicted

:thumbsup: hi and welcome back :)

Farm closed down, no animals left but I still love farm life and will miss it!

#11 2016-04-17 16:02:41

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

Welcome! :D

#12 2016-04-18 20:27:39

mags
A.C.E. Addicted

:Welcome to ACE: sort of.... 2nd time! :D

PEOPLE WHO COUNT THEIR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH ARE VERY WISE, FOR CHICKENS RUN ABOUT SO ABSURDLY THAT YOU CAN'T COUNT THEM OTHERWISE. smile :D
a nice little farm between 100 mile house and Williams Lake with some cornish, buckeye, Cochin, Orpington and mutt chickens, beef and milk cows, tamworth/berkshire pigs, dogs, gardens and cats.

Board footer