AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2016-03-18 10:31:03

AuntieEvil
Website

Goldfish feeding

Who all on here has goldfish?
We plan to use goldfish for our aquaponic set up. They are inexpensive, available year round and great plant food producers.
Thing is, all the fish food has some kind of preservative in it or other items we try to avoid. I've been reading on making goldfish food gel, and it looks easy enough.
Has anyone on here done this?
Do you add spirulina? Seaweeds? Probiotics?
Lots of the recipes suggest adding crushed up vitamin pills, but I'd rather try to feed enough variety and healthy food to avoid this.
If anyone has experience and suggestions, please, do tell....

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#2 2016-03-19 14:55:48

Thor
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: Goldfish feeding

I used to feed mine bloodworms, you can buy them frozen and the larvae of Mosquitos (in season) and there is a certain aquarium plant they like to eat but I can't remember what it is called.

#3 2016-03-19 17:36:34

AuntieEvil
Website

Re: Goldfish feeding

Thanks Thor. I do plan to capture lots of mossies larvae this year and freeze them. We have a few around here -lol
Did you just feed blood worms as a treat?
I've been reading gel food recipes, and they look pretty easy...

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

Board footer