AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-02-24 15:37:35

susanr

The start of a long haul

Hubby has been having sinus issues for almost two years.  One ENT he was referred to inserted a tube into his ear - that did diminish the issues but, they returned.  Tried for several months to get him back to see the doc.  In the meantime, he has been numerous times to our family doc who prescribed various medications that did nothing to fix the problem.  Finally, family doc sent him to another ENT in early Jan.  That doc scheduled him for CT scan and he called us to go in to see what showed up.  Hubby had one tonsil removed - it was blocking nearly 2/3 of his throat - the other was fine.  One large mass of adenoid which is causing his breathing issues.  ENT did biopsy of adenoid at same time as tonsil was removed.  Results were not good - he has mantle cell lymphoma.  Not curable but, can be beaten into remission through chemo.  Regular checks following treatment to see if/when/where it pops up again.  He starts chemo this coming Tues - Feb 28.  Two days a month for the next six months.  I will be doing all I can to keep things rolling along while caring for him if he has a nasty reaction to chemo.  On the upside, it is pretty much confined to his sinus area & has not spread :)

I am "concerned" to say the least - very scared to be brutally honest.  Hanging with my mule boys is my "happy place" - thinking I will be spending a lot of time there for the next while.  At least spring is coming and I can play in the garden later in the year.

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#2 2017-02-24 15:48:03

Susan

Re: The start of a long haul

Oh Susan. I am sorry to hear that. I will be thinking of you both.

Owned by my birds! Euskal Oiloak, Hungarian Yellows, Bantam Frizzles, Saxony Ducks, and a whole lot more :)

The more I learn, the less I know.

#3 2017-02-24 16:09:36

yardbirds
Administrator

:hugz:  susanr  you both will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Stay positive and strong.

Soldier of Tolerance

[ If you consider yourself a "gift" to all you share your life with....I promise you will always give your best.... ]

#4 2017-02-24 16:49:19

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Susan, I am sorry to hear this.  Hoping for successful treatment and as full of a recovery as possible.  Hugs, thoughts and prayers for both of you.  :hugz:

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#5 2017-02-24 17:27:12

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

I am so sorry to hear this. :hugz: to you both.

Mixed collection of chickens, trio of Blue Columbian Wyandottes,BSW turkeys.
RIP Stephen, my BSW Tom and coffee companion. He left a great genetic legacy.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.

#6 2017-02-24 17:47:20

niglefritz

:hugz: Stay strong. Remember we are here for you.

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#7 2017-02-24 21:18:44

AuntieEvil
Website

:hugz: to you and yours!

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#8 2017-02-24 22:19:13

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Susan, I so know where you are! Your feelings go all over the place and it is a sobering, terrifying reality to get that news. I pray for both of you that you find peace and a way to cope with the journey you have been taken on, against your will. Love and hugs.

#9 2017-02-24 22:30:51

susanr

Thank you all so very much!  Your care, concern & prayers mean much more than you will ever know.  I will keep updates going.  It is comforting to know that support is around.

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#10 2017-02-24 23:49:01

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

susanr......We are all :praying: for your husband and you.  :hugz:

#11 2017-02-25 02:40:44

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

Hope it all goes well for you both.  :praying:

Black Ameraucana

#12 2017-02-25 03:22:44

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Ooh, that is a tough one.  But on the upside, discussing cancer on ACE seems to have positive effects!  Hugs to you, Susan.  All of us are just one moment from dangerous medical issues.  Love your family every day is my attitude.

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#13 2017-03-05 04:54:22

susanr

First round of chemo done.  Hubby doesn't appear to have any reaction - which is very good.  Still not sleeping well but, I am hoping that will change once his sinus mass starts shrinking.  He does have an appetite now which he didn't have before :)  Has to take meds to boost his white blood cells.  He also got meds for nausea but, hasn't had to take any as yet.  Blood tests scheduled for the 15th and the 24th.  Sees the oncologist on the 27 and second round of chemo on the 28 & 29.

#14 2017-03-05 05:19:34

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Good to hear that things have started well. Hope this is a pattern going forward.  I hope you are looking after yourself too.  It sounds like it will be a long haul.

Thank you for letting us know.

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

#15 2017-03-05 06:46:30

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Thank heavens for excellent starts!  I am sending positive vibes his way!

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

Board footer