AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-02-27 21:34:21

niglefritz

Black Jersey Giants!

Well, I picked up 10 JGs today. The lady gave 4 extra as there is a chance a few are crosses with black copper & she knew that I wanted pure birds. Two certainly are noticeably crosses at this point. You can tell by some copper feathers on the wings. I believe that they are 4-5 days to just over a week old. One cross has quite a tail already.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag119/iamabusymomma/20170227_152614-1_zpsmc0h09xv.jpg

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#2 2017-02-27 22:17:18

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Re: Black Jersey Giants!

:Congrats2:    They are so sweet.   Going to be very interesting for you to watch them grow.  Hopefully they will be "huge".

Good Luck with them.   .thumbsup.

#3 2017-02-28 00:43:41

niglefritz

Thank you. We are really enjoying them so far. Nothing like babies! It sounds so much like :Spring:

My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#4 2017-02-28 01:35:36

yardbirds
Administrator

Must not look... :duh:  as I am not hatching anything this year.... but   :Congrats2:  :D

Soldier of Tolerance

[ If you consider yourself a "gift" to all you share your life with....I promise you will always give your best.... ]

#5 2017-02-28 03:39:17

Visitor
I Love A.C.E.

:thumbsup:..i had them and they are a gentle breed , great layers ........baby chicks are so cute , not sure if I'll get any chick's .....although i "" did "" relly like my Buff Orpington's , something about the golden color got me .......congrat's

#6 2017-02-28 04:45:44

niglefritz

Thanks. PD, we have a beautiful gentle young buff orpington rooster that I would give you if you could find some hens. I was going to sell him, but if you want one, I would do that for you. We really like him, but don't have a place for him, sadly.

#7 2017-02-28 04:45:51

niglefritz

Thanks. PD, we have a beautiful gentle young buff orpington rooster that I would give you if you could find some hens. I was going to sell him, but if you want one, I would do that for you. We really like him, but don't have a place for him, sadly.

#8 2017-02-28 04:47:47

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Nice crop of sprouts you have there! Lucky!

#9 2017-02-28 04:58:45

Visitor
I Love A.C.E.

niglefritz wrote:

Thanks , I have two roosters left after the dog had his killing spree , I have posted a ad on Kijiji , but so far one kicker , but a way off and rather pricey . I did ask a guy who was selling chicks for $5 a piece about hatching eggs ( RIR and Barred Rocks ) but he wanted $5 for a egg ? kinda did not make a lot of sense as to why anyone would buy eggs at the same cost as chick's ? Right now I'm just contemplating , not sure if i want any ...............thanks again

Last edited by prairie dog (2017-02-28 05:00:56)

#10 2017-02-28 15:40:14

niglefritz

Did you see the ad on Kijiji for 35 $5 RIR chicks at Oak Bank? Those are nice looking chickens that he has. I talked to him about the possibility of getting some before I found a RIR rooster close to home. He will have chicks available each weekend for a while.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-livestock/winnip … ail_alerts

#11 2017-02-28 22:58:16

Visitor
I Love A.C.E.

niglefritz wrote:

Did you see the ad on Kijiji for 35 $5 RIR chicks at Oak Bank? Those are nice looking chickens that he has. I talked to him about the possibility of getting some before I found a RIR rooster close to home. He will have chicks available each weekend for a while.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-livestock/winnip … ail_alerts

I saw , sent them a email just to see if they sold eggs .......$50 per dozen ? I got my RIR/ Buff ? Barred last year for under half that for eggs ......i'd have to be crazy to pay that if he sells actual chicks for $5 a piece ......had one guy reply to my Buff Ad , but a hours drive if not more , $35 a dozen , but once you consider fuel ? see if maybe the person I bought from last year will respond ?

#12 2017-03-01 00:57:44

niglefritz

I hope they do.

Board footer