AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-04-29 14:30:48

niglefritz

My first incubator chicks

As of 9 am, I have 6 chicks free, 10 pipping and 9 left. The one who pipped on the wrong end is out. :babydust:

Along with the good news comes bad. Something killed our 2 laying runners this morning. Both were nest builders too. :crying: I will be gathering up their eggs to put under a muscovy today...moving those eggs to another duck's nest. I hope they will be accepted. Otherwise, I will be cleaning up the tin hens for a test run, just in case.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag119/iamabusymomma/IMG_20170429_092136_444_zps1xg9tshc.jpg

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans
WTB: sp. sussex; true ameraucana pair; Cayuga or West Indies ducks
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#2 2017-04-29 16:31:21

Hillbillyreefer

Re: My first incubator chicks

Sorry to hear about the ducks.

:congrats:on the fuzzbutts!

Saltwater reef tanks not pot!

#3 2017-04-29 16:45:51

susanr

Congratulations on the new :babydust:  Glad to hear the "wrong end" baby made it out without help.

Sorry to hear about your ducks :crying:  Hope the eggs hatch one way or another.

Friend to 2 house cats, 3 long-haired mini dachshunds, one outside cat, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#4 2017-04-29 17:43:17

niglefritz

Put them under a silkie. Had eggs under her but they are gone? I figure that IF she ate them, she is less likely to be successful eating duck eggs. No sign of a rat or anything in her pen...

I think a rat got the ducks, and on further inspection, a purple guinea too. :angry2: I found new holes into the guinea pen, and then they just scooted over to the ducks. I don't think it was a weasel as nothing was stacked. Well...we will be putting more bait out for rats, I guess.

What gets me is they were killed and not chewed. :confused:

Oh well. More chickies have now hatched and more pipping. The oldest ones are starting to get fluffy. For the most part, there is a lot of napping going on. :thumbsup:

My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#5 2017-04-29 18:22:18

yardbirds
Administrator

:congrats:  on the new chick arrivals and :sorry: about your losses...

Soldier of Tolerance

[ If you consider yourself a "gift" to all you share your life with....I promise you will always give your best.... ]

#6 2017-04-29 20:39:01

niglefritz

There seems to be 3 colors. What is up with that? I set all RIR eggs. I removed the silkie eggs before lockdown.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag119/iamabusymomma/20170429_152817_zpsuedv7akj.jpg

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag119/iamabusymomma/20170429_152802_zpsftf7c1mv.jpg

#7 2017-04-29 21:22:23

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

:Congrats2: on the new babies!
Sorry about the ducks.

Mixed collection of chickens, trio of Blue Columbian Wyandottes,BSW turkeys.
RIP Stephen, my BSW Tom and coffee companion. He left a great genetic legacy.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.

Board footer