AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-08-06 15:40:46

wolfbird_94
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Red rangers?

I've been catching up on my farm videos on YouTube of people I subscribed to. One of the people, a switched to red rangers. So I wondered. What's the difference, and are they available in alberta.

#2 2017-08-06 16:24:25

GalaBoys
Banned

Re: Red rangers?

Each hatchery has their own "alternative" broiler it seems. They have various names. As far as I can tell, none perform as well as the Cornish X.

Gala Partridge Chanteclers - see us on facebook
Maker of chicken saddles, fan of evidence-based poultry keeping.
2018 St. Paul Critter Market - May 19, 2018 - find our group on facebook

#3 2017-08-06 22:00:37

100milegal
A.C.E. Addicted

I tried the Red Rangers, I think they called them Red Meat Makers but close to the same thing.  Didn't like them, skinny, slow growing things. I get the Cornish Giants now and had very good luck this year.  Ordered 25, got 26, and they all survived. Finished processing them yesterday at 8 weeks of age 4 to 5 lbs each. I know some people keep them longer to get to a bigger size but for just the two of us that's perfect.

My online clothing store.  www.bbandbubbles.com

#4 2017-08-07 04:07:01

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

If you look back in the Meat Poultry topic archives there's lot of discussion on the various alternatives to Cornish Cross. Generally they are all like 100milegal said. We've tried several and always gone back to Cornish X.

Blue Buff and Silver Laced Brahmas plus too much other stuff to list.

Board footer