AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2008-09-18 22:22:53

newchickontheblock
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

rooster sneezing

i think i've got a sick rooster dorkin   he's sneezing  no discharge yet    is there a antibiotic for the water? or any other ideas ?

Looking forward to 3 days of chicken chat November 23--25 Urban Farm Show !

#2 2008-09-18 22:55:34

newchickontheblock
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

Re: rooster sneezing

thanks for the info  just looking again at him their is a discharge on 1 nostril   books say to separate affected chicken but i only have 11 chickens  and i think there will be more stress on him being separate from his family
this way i can treat everyone assuming with contact that they will be affected too

#3 2008-09-19 04:26:30

chrissysask
A.C.E. Addicted

you are best leaving him with the others and treating everyone.  you have a respitory infection wich can be contagious.

raising Arabian horses, meat goats, commercial sheep, guinea fowl, peafowl, merriam turkeys, pilgrim geese, rough collies, assorted exotic chickens

#4 2008-09-19 15:35:13

Chickee's Mom
I Love A.C.E.

watch for any other signs, runny eyes, coughing, etc.

#5 2008-09-22 02:15:49

cbrookkelly

Where can one get this Poly-tonnie A anti-biotic? Do you just go to any vet and ask? How about the Ivomec eprinex...same thing, ask at any vet's office?

#6 2008-09-22 02:19:04

Chickee's Mom
I Love A.C.E.

The anti-biotic is sold in most feed stores, I have bought it at Feed rite and the Co-op.
The eprinex comes in huge containers, so if you have a neighbour that has cattle maybe try and buy or borrow a small amount. It is also sold at the feed stores.

Newchick how is the rooster doing??

#7 2008-09-22 11:59:23

newchickontheblock
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

morning

Roo is better .  I'm treating everyone with  Poly-Tonine A Super  water soluble antibiotic and vitamin premix solution, once the solution is made up the vitamin & antibiotic are only stable for 24 hours.  It was cheap to buy 6 bucks i think   Gonna have to get another thousand birds to use package. Have given less of the fruit and vegtable that contain lots of water . I want to make sure they are drinking the solution. Their feel good treat is now oatmeal warmed up with milk and milled flax, i think it makes me feel better.   
                                                                             Going to work, liz

#8 2008-09-23 01:44:36

cbrookkelly

Well I had to special order the Poly-tonine A, and in no way would the vet sell me any  Ivomec....only vet in town who has it.....Is this something easier to buy in AB maybe?

#9 2008-09-23 02:18:45

Chickee's Mom
I Love A.C.E.

I wonder?? I know when you buy it here you have to give your phone #.
If you can't get any eprinex by the time the sale in Innisfail, I will try and get you some. How many birds will you be treating?? Just so I have an idea how much.
Both sons use it for the deer.

#10 2008-09-23 02:24:26

cbrookkelly

I can't make it to the Innisfail sale but I am going to Olds. I thought that while I was in AB I would just buy there. I would need just the smallest amount, probably share it. I only need to treat about 30 birds or so. If you or someone would do that for me, I would appreciate it. I am looking for the Ivomec Eprinex pour on.....

Where do you buy it there? Would they have it somewhere in Olds? I will be in Olds in the afternoon on the Friday, so things would still be open........that may be the best way to do it.

#11 2008-09-23 02:27:53

Chickee's Mom
I Love A.C.E.

Well as far as I know it only comes in about a gallon jug!! That's why I am getting just a small container from them.
I am going away for a week inbetween sales, so if you remind me just before the Olds sale I will bring you some.
I have seen it at the feed stores and also the vet.

#12 2008-09-23 02:37:57

cbrookkelly

Would you do that? I would be very grateful! And please let me know how much you want for it. And I will need to know how to get a hold of you at the sale. I will e-mail you my cell number on your avatar e-mail.
Would it be the gallon jug...or can I just get a cupfull as well? If it is only the gallon jug size then I could proably find others to split it with...I hope! Does it have a long shelf life?

Thank you!
Kelly

#13 2008-09-23 02:41:51

Chickee's Mom
I Love A.C.E.

I will just bring you a cup full. And it won't have a charge, cause I am going to get it from one of the boys. I think a jug is worth $60. or $70 or more!!
Someone at Olds will know me but you can get me your cell and I will send you mine.

#14 2008-09-23 14:33:13

Chickee's Mom
I Love A.C.E.

That would sure make sense to get smaller bottles.

#15 2008-09-23 14:37:17

Sweetchicks
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Sounds like if it was put into say canning jars a person could sell the jar for $10/15? I'd buy one!

Never Say Never!

Board footer