AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2010-11-08 16:29:03

ChickieBooBoo
I Love A.C.E.

Which birds to enter in a show

There is a show here on December 4 and if I'm entering any birds it needs to be done in the next couple days. I have a pair of Silver Spangled Hamburgs that I'm entering for sure, and a pair of BTW Japanese bantams and White Silkies. The Japanese bantams and Silkies are not exactly SQ but they are better then hatchery birds, maybe somewhere in between? Should I still enter them, just for the expirience? I'm not looking to win or anything.

You haven't seen a tree until you've seen it's shadow from the sky. --Amelia Earhart

#2 2010-11-08 16:34:05

casagrande1
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: Which birds to enter in a show

Take them all and after judging try to talk to the judge about what he/she likes and dislikes about your birds, that way you will know what direction to head with them. The most important thing is to have FUN.

Felix

Seramas, White Homers, English Bulldogs

#3 2010-11-08 16:44:12

ChickieBooBoo
I Love A.C.E.

casagrande1 wrote:

Take them all and after judging try to talk to the judge about what he/she likes and dislikes about your birds, that way you will know what direction to head with them. The most important thing is to have FUN.

ok, thanks casagrande1. I'm really excited now, I havent ever been to a show before! :woohoo:

You haven't seen a tree until you've seen it's shadow from the sky. --Amelia Earhart

#4 2010-11-08 17:16:19

Blob Chicken
I Love A.C.E.
Website

casagrande1 wrote:

Ditto

Information's pretty thin stuff unless mixed with experience.

#5 2010-11-08 18:36:38

Prospector
I Love A.C.E.

casagrande1 wrote:

That is what we did. But we entered them all in the wrong classes, so the judges didn't even look at them.  :oops:

The Mighty Tiny Chicken Ranch Presents: Myself,  SWMBO, Chuck, Buddy & Cuppa; Bernie the Dog
Partridge Chanteclers, Dubious Black Chickens of mixed heritage, Cuckoo Marans

#6 2010-11-08 23:53:31

ChickieBooBoo
I Love A.C.E.

Prospector wrote:

casagrande1 wrote:

That is what we did. But we entered them all in the wrong classes, so the judges didn't even look at them.  :oops:

oh that sucks. I double checked with one of the people running the show to make sure I had it right :P

Board footer