AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2011-11-26 18:56:14

DoubleSSRanch
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Conditioning a Damaged Comb for Showing

What are your suggestions? I currently am putting udder balm on a few combs that have a bit of damage, be it from fighting, or one that has a tiny bit of frost bite. Liz also reccomeneded Vit. E capsules broke open and applied.

Anyone have any secrets?

Director with the Fort Feeders Co-op Association, Happy to answer any questions about what we do!
Full time cattle farmer
Beef sales

#2 2011-11-26 22:17:36

ojoe

Re: Conditioning a Damaged Comb for Showing

Frost bite  Hope all this helps    this is what a member told me from a different form:D

To help prevent frost bite on poultry.

You can apply vasaline on there crowns, wattles, face and toes.

It works a ssheild against teh wind and cold.

You can also use Vet rx.

Already has frost bite?

If on the feet, keep on dry surface and not cold. not cement floors,

i belive no bird should be kept on cement floors at all, i have seen a few birds get affected by leaveing on cement floors it can hurt there feet one becouse the floors are colder and 2 i think they are to hard for them to be standing on.

For the pain of frost bite you can give bayer baby asprin to the bird daily,

the bird will loose any part that gets frost bite, it can be painful to them.

I have a rooster that got frost bite on his foot and his foot fell off, but it healed and he gets around fine and does his roosterly duty.

You just have to keep the bird comfortable and dry.

Keep there coop clean as possible.

Last edited by ojoe (2011-11-26 22:19:30)

10 Columbian Rocks x Reds Hens, 1 purebred NWZ Rabbit and 1 Silver fox Rabbit

Board footer