AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2013-08-30 17:30:37

KathyS
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

The importance of Poultry Shows

For those who may be thinking about showing your birds, here is a great overview of a few of the advantages.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/eVxHu3lspQw[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/eVxHu3lspQw

(Why can't I get the video link to embed here?)

Last edited by KathyS (2013-08-30 17:33:10)

Hawthorn Hill Poultry
Exhibition Buff Orpingtons, Cochins, Chanteclers & Rhode Island Reds

Member of APA, CHB, POAA, CFI and Cochins International

#2 2013-08-31 05:04:22

Frenchy
Growing Member

Re: The importance of Poultry Shows

#3 2013-08-31 14:55:55

runningbeat
A.C.E. Addicted

:goodpost:

I have a Bernese Mountain Dog, male leonberger,  black cat,rescue kitten,   i breed Silkies, I have the red,  black and white right now, some bearded  and various cross breeds.   1 brown, gray  muscovy hen,  and gray/white/brown drake muscovy, homing pigeons,  2 aquariums.   i live in the mountains. really miss my lab who was 14 and my maine coon, and my one other cat in 2014

#4 2013-08-31 21:30:34

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

:iagree:   :goodpost:   thanxkx

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#5 2013-08-31 21:53:09

katzee
A.C.E. Addicted

:goodpost:

Please send email,, PM gets too overcrowded, ,, --Silkies _ Show girl project
Double laced Blue Barnvelders _ Blue Partridge Brahmas_B/B/S Standard Cochins _many colors Bantam Cochins
Bielefelder_ Cream legbar_Swedish Flowerpot_ Blue egg Naked necks_ Coronation Sussex_B/B/S and some Blue wheaten Ameraucana, Many imported from Greenfire. Geese, Muscovy turkeys mixed flock

#6 2013-09-04 00:24:51

Chickeroo
I Love A.C.E.

:agreezz: :thumbsup:

#7 2013-09-26 00:12:52

KathyS
A.C.E. Addicted
Website

:Bump:

I had an email the other day from someone who was wondering what the difference was between a market sale and a poultry show. This you-tube video gives a good overview.
Anyone interested in chickens, waterfowl, pigeons or rabbits is sure to enjoy the upcoming Provincial show in Red Deer. We have only a few shows in Alberta each year, so this is a good opportunity to check it out and see what its all about. If you are already doing some breeding, why not enter a couple of your own birds and have them assessed by a qualified judge? Its fun and educational!

Hawthorn Hill Poultry
Exhibition Buff Orpingtons, Cochins, Chanteclers & Rhode Island Reds

Member of APA, CHB, POAA, CFI and Cochins International

#8 2013-09-26 04:11:07

Butterboy
A.C.E. Addicted

I agree, showing is a great way to get some third party input into your breeding program. It is also a great way to meet other breeders and make new friends. Even if you don't have anything to show, come on down, visit, make some friends and support heritage breeds!

I just want to FARM!

Board footer