AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#46 2013-01-13 22:07:12

Susan

Re: ivomec, ivermectin dosage

For what it's worth, I just did one of my flocks. It's very cold here and I am being lazy so what I did was add the injectable to the water. I used 4 mls/ kg ( estimated the weights of all birds) and assumed they are drinking 125 ml in a 12 hour period. The 4 ml gave me leeway on both sides, so if my consumption estimate is off, they still got enough, but not enough to be dangerous. Everyone is doing great.

Owned by my birds! Euskal Oiloak, Hungarian Yellows, Bantam Frizzles, Saxony Ducks, and a whole lot more :)

The more I learn, the less I know.

#47 2014-01-23 21:28:31

dooversue
A.C.E. Addicted

Hmmm, reading this, when we had the pet store we used ivermectin on each & every bird as we unpacked them when they shipped in.
One drop for finch, two for budgies, 3-4 for cockatiels. If you are applying one drop on a Banti - I would think that's under dosing?!?! We never lost a finch, budgie etc doing this... I see the merick link that was posted says 1.8-5.4mg/kg....  Most drugs have a built in 'safety' in case of overdosing. I know a couple times I accidentally put 2 or 3 drops on a finch & it never seemed to hurt them...

Morgan Horses, Pilgrim & Toulouse Geese, Welsh Harlequin & Muscovy Ducks, Ridley Bronze, Red Leaf Bronze, Black Spanish & Red Bourbon Turkeys, White Chanticleers, Orpingtons & barn hens & me!
Contact me for hatching eggs, young or mature stock. 
Morgan horses with rare bloodlines & colors, and superb conformation & temperament available now.

#48 2014-06-05 07:46:12

Rivergate
A.C.E. Addicted

As for the question above about off label being illegal, no it isn't, however they do need to warn you because the studies have not been done. Lots of stuff is even prescribed to people as off label.

I have pills for pigeons for coccidia and worms, I was debating about giving it to chickens, but the size difference is a bit of a challenge. Also just because they're both birds doesn't mean they can both take the same medicine.

ISO TURKEYS Red Burbon, Ridley Bronze GAME BIRDS Blue Swedish Duck, Lavender/Pearl Guinea, Bob White quail, Chukar, Pheasants, Pilgrim Geese, CHICKENS Ameraucana, Andalusion, Barnevelder, Buckeye, Cochin (frizzle?), Partridge Chantecler, Campine, Faverolles, Jersey Giant (BBS), New Hampshires, Orpingon,  Rhode Island Red, Welsummer, Wyandotte, Yokahama,

Board footer