AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2014-08-17 15:59:40

Shnookie
A.C.E. Addicted

Buildings in the Regina area

My barn blew down during the storms we had a week ago.  I am considering moving one in if I can find one that suits and is in good enough condition for the move.  I would like one within an hour of Regina, with a loft, that's 40 to 50 feet long and 30 to 40 feet wide.

I also would like a building that's about 24 feet by 16 to 20 feet that can be moved.

If you know of any buildings that might suit, please e-mail me.

Thanks.

Starting with Blue, Black, and Splash Ameraucanas and Red Cuckoo Basque (Marraduna).

#2 2014-08-17 16:19:16

GalaBoys
Banned

Re: Buildings in the Regina area

Check kijiji ....

I wouldn't want to move a large building like that. Big bucks to hire the movers and a logistical nightmare with routes and permits, and no guarantee it will actually hold together for the process.

Gala Partridge Chanteclers - see us on facebook
Maker of chicken saddles, fan of evidence-based poultry keeping.
2018 St. Paul Critter Market - May 19, 2018 - find our group on facebook

#3 2014-08-17 16:45:40

confused
A.C.E. Addicted

GalaBoys wrote:

Check kijiji ....

I wouldn't want to move a large building like that. Big bucks to hire the movers and a logistical nightmare with routes and permits, and no guarantee it will actually hold together for the process.

Oh ye of little faith. They seem to be able to move anything these days. Have you seen some of the stuff they move from Edmonton to For McMurray? And they do move grain elevators. Believe  me the cost of moving and permits is probably still cheaper and a lot more dependable than trying to hire a good carpenter. Been there , done that. Took the guy a year and a half and still had to hire somebody to put the metal on. It was just a 24 X 42 lean-to on a shop.

#4 2014-08-18 12:46:40

yardbirds
Administrator

:sorry: to be reading about this disastrous event.  Hope you can find the "new" barn you seek.  Is there any salvageable lumber from the old fallen structure you can use to build even a temporary shed or granary type building to house your current flock?

Soldier of Tolerance

[ If you consider yourself a "gift" to all you share your life with....I promise you will always give your best.... ]

Board footer