AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2015-05-08 05:53:33

Rosewood Farm
I Love A.C.E.

Restoreable Dodge Truck Wanted

We have been looking for an old Dodge truck(pre 1993 to restore for some time.  There are 3 grandchildren to take camping and to 4H, etc so it needs to be a crew cab.  I did say it needs to be a Dodge so if we're looking for an old Dodge it was built before 1985 (some have been labelled as newer).  We now have a couple large goose neck farm trailers so it needs to be a one ton and it needs a long box.  We can travel  a reasonable distance.  We are prepared to do some repairs and replacing but do not want a lot of rust under the cab.

Rosewood Farm,
Breeder Berkshire Pigs.
Black and Blue Cochins, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes.
Beltsville Turkeys.

#2 2015-05-08 18:41:06

Funky Acres
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: Restoreable Dodge Truck Wanted

I don't suppose you would be interested in a 2003 GMC crew cab, long box, 2500 4x4?

Me Hubby, daughter 2 1/2, son 14 days, 2 Tahltan Bear dogs, 2cats? Rode Island Red, Lohman, Astralorp and Americana cross chickens. Muscovy ducks, Touluse and Emdem geese.   5 horses, all of which hubby is training to drive. And one Tamworth/Large Black sow, assorted pigs of various ages. Two jersey cows.

Can't wait to get into rare and heritage breed livestock to go with our draft horses.

#3 2015-05-08 19:53:04

Rosewood Farm
I Love A.C.E.

I don't suppose you would be interested in a 2003 GMC crew cab, long box, 2500 4x4?

We wouldn't be, but thanks for the reply.  We had one that we were going to buy, but it looks like the fellow decided not to sell now.

Rosewood Farm,
Breeder Berkshire Pigs.
Beltsville Turkeys.

#4 2015-08-15 02:59:49

Rosewood Farm
I Love A.C.E.

We had one that we were going to buy, but it looks like the fellow decided not to sell now

It seems it was meant to be, but we sure looked at this a long time.  I really wanted a first generation Dodge crew cab, but 4 wheel drive trucks were only factory built with short boxes.  A long box makes towing a goose neck trailer easier.  The older fellow that owned this truck owned it twice and was hoping to drive it across Canada, but it wasn't in the cards.  It needs some interior restoration and we plan on changing it to 4 wheel drive.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww191/rosewood_album/agmbie6_zpst65onofa.jpg

Rosewood Farm,
Breeder Berkshire Pigs.
Beltsville Turkeys.

#5 2015-08-15 05:56:55

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Body wise, that is in seriously decent shape. I doubt you are going to find many of that vintage in that kind of shape.

I know a guy who specializes in transmissions and it is amazing the old trucks that people want to swap him for tranny work. I will put out the word that you are looking for an old Dodge, in case one comes his way. But it is unlikely that anything in the 80s is going to look that good.

#6 2015-08-15 14:52:33

Rosewood Farm
I Love A.C.E.

The truck is a '79.  In that year Dodge changed the hood and cowl to the newer 1980 to 1993 design.  The rest of the truck was the '70's design.  They stopped making the 440 engines in 1978, but a few trucks had this engine in the next couple model years including this truck.  I have a built 440 and a 4wd transmission from my old half ton that we're to use, but will need a stronger transfer case and a dually front axle.

Rosewood Farm,
Breeder Berkshire Pigs.
Beltsville Turkeys.

Board footer