AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.
  • Index
  •  » Swine
  •  » People Looking for RED WATTLE PUREBRED PIGS

#1 2015-12-11 21:18:13

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

People Looking for RED WATTLE PUREBRED PIGS

Was wandering through the Edmonton livestock yesterday.  Found an ad for Purebred Red Wattle Pigs for Sale.    They said people had enquired, but they lost their

e-mails.  Apparently they are now dispersing their herd.     I know there were people on this site looking for them.

Hopefully this helps anyone that was or might be looking.   :)

#2 2015-12-11 21:44:14

CathyJK
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: People Looking for RED WATTLE PUREBRED PIGS

Yes, looked for red wattles ages ago.

BUT for me personally, I have come to the conclusion that getting into stock that is so limited it is near impossible to find any additional genetic diversity is a big heartbreaking experience.

Too hard to find unrelated or minimally related to do decent breeding. I couldn't bring either in the from the US or elsewhere without huge costs and often without the rigth resources handy to help.

#3 2015-12-11 21:49:50

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Re: People Looking for RED WATTLE PUREBRED PIGS

Sounds like they have different bloodlines.   Get your stock first.   Then you can look, and most likely through the previous breeders will find other bloodlines.

Seems a shame to not have the enjoyment of the Red Wattles, because you may not get more bloodlines.   Takes time to get where "you" want with them anyway.

Give them a try.  :)

• Index
  •  » Swine
  •  » People Looking for RED WATTLE PUREBRED PIGS

Board footer