AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2016-01-04 23:50:18

silkielove
Growing Member
Website

Snowflake Bobwhites verses Coturnix

I breed colored Coturnix for chicks, eggs and meat. I saw some Snowflake Bobwhites the other day and they got me interested - they're so beautiful! Has anyone had both that they can compare them? What are they like for breeding / eggs / meat / temperaments?

#2 2016-01-05 04:06:52

Bowker Acres
I Love A.C.E.

Re: Snowflake Bobwhites verses Coturnix

I have had both coturnix and a pair of bobwhites.  The coturnix were much more docile and domesticated.  They layed well and never gave me any trouble.  I hatched hundreds of them.  I had one pair of bobwhites.  They did not take well to being confined.  They require much more space. They seem to have a more "wild" personality.  I did not like them.  They layed fewer eggs and were harder to hatch.  This is just my personal experience though.  The bobwhites are beautiful birds though.

#3 2016-01-07 01:06:11

silkielove
Growing Member
Website

Thanks for the reply. Size wise, are they the same size?

Did you have buttons?

#4 2016-01-07 04:24:14

Bowker Acres
I Love A.C.E.

Bobwhites are bigger. I hoped they would be better for meat.  I have never had buttons. They are really just pets though.

Board footer