AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2016-03-09 15:05:08

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Is Edmonton Anti- Horse? (4/10)

Over the last couple weeks I am beginning to wonder.

First I hear that Northlands Track is closing in August.  This is a huge blow to those in the racing industry.  many people have put enormous amounts of money and manpower into training horses for the upcoming season.

Then I heard that this is the last year for the CFR in Edmonton. 

I know my title oversimplifies things, but what the heck is up?  Alberta has an enormous number of horses and a huge horse industry.  I hope this will not be a trend for the province.

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#2 2016-03-09 15:13:46

GalaBoys
Banned

Re: Is Edmonton Anti- Horse? (4/10)

Maybe people are just anti-Edmonton?

Gala Partridge Chanteclers - see us on facebook
Maker of chicken saddles, fan of evidence-based poultry keeping.
2018 St. Paul Critter Market - May 19, 2018 - find our group on facebook

#3 2016-03-10 04:05:59

zenchicken
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: Is Edmonton Anti- Horse? (4/10)

It is because of the new downtown arena.  There can be no more rodeo because there is no parking..where are the horse trailers and trucks going to go?  They can't keep the old area open for one event a year.  The track costs are offset by the money they make parking all the cars for the hockey games and concerts, Northlands can't cover the cost of the venue with no income from those events.

Board footer