AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2016-04-14 17:45:02

mags
A.C.E. Addicted

a BIG coop underway

i've mentioned it before and now it is finally happening! 50 hens 20 roosters and hoping for a loft for the guineas. turkey people, do you think if we made the loft strong enough it would hold the turkeys up? that would be great.
if any one has suggestions for the turkeys i would be glad to hear them. :D :D :D

PEOPLE WHO COUNT THEIR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH ARE VERY WISE, FOR CHICKENS RUN ABOUT SO ABSURDLY THAT YOU CAN'T COUNT THEM OTHERWISE. smile :D
a nice little farm between 100 mile house and Williams Lake with some cornish, buckeye, Cochin, Orpington and mutt chickens, beef and milk cows, tamworth/berkshire pigs, dogs, gardens and cats.

#2 2016-04-14 18:55:01

crestedbird
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: a BIG coop underway

:woohoo:  very exciting :) I hope we can see pics when you are settled( sorry I have no knowledge with turkeys)

Farm closed down, no animals left but I still love farm life and will miss it!

#3 2016-04-14 23:12:53

mags
A.C.E. Addicted

the only problem with pics is that i have no idea how to do them, i have a hen i would like to take a pic of and post it in 'what am i?' but no idea how :confused:

PEOPLE WHO COUNT THEIR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH ARE VERY WISE, FOR CHICKENS RUN ABOUT SO ABSURDLY THAT YOU CAN'T COUNT THEM OTHERWISE. smile :D
a nice little farm between 100 mile house and Williams Lake with some cornish, buckeye, Cochin, Orpington and mutt chickens, beef and milk cows, tamworth/berkshire pigs, dogs, gardens and cats.

#4 2016-04-15 02:54:19

crestedbird
A.C.E. Addicted

try this one yardbirds posted it is what I use now I found it pretty easy

this below is link to post on here

http://albertachickensetc.punbb-hosting … p?id=46518

Farm closed down, no animals left but I still love farm life and will miss it!

#5 2016-04-15 20:40:56

mags
A.C.E. Addicted

i'll try.

#6 2016-04-16 08:51:58

countrychicken
A.C.E. Addicted

not sure what you did but good one

my turkey will fly up to the center joist or whatever it's called, when had peaboy he used it too

#7 2016-04-17 04:25:42

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

My Toms sit on either the roost beside the chickens which is a 2x4 on edge about 30" off the ground or a 2x4 that is flat stretching between a low shelf and a pen wall about 4 feet off the ground.  The hens go into another house and 2 sit on the frame for the front of the breeding pens which again is a 2x4 supported every 4 feet by the pen walls.  The other 2 sit on top of the rabbit hutch which is 6 feet up.  They'll find a place that suits them.

Blue Buff and Silver Laced Brahmas plus too much other stuff to list.

#8 2016-04-17 15:15:26

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Young turkeys love roosting up high- as high as they can get- but toms especially reach a weight and size when they cannot get up too high.  Quite nice as they can't get over low fences anymore but I have had heritage breed turkey toms injure their legs I believe jumping down from high roosts.  A few days in a crate not being able to move too much usually fixes the problem and they seem to learn their lesson.  Hens seem always able to fly up and down from high roosts and over fences.

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

#9 2016-04-18 20:15:32

mags
A.C.E. Addicted

do you keep your chickens and turkeys together?

Board footer