AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2016-07-05 14:27:19

niglefritz

Cheap skylights

I think that this could be interesting to try:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1umwvQ_hMHQ

Last edited by yardbirds (2016-07-05 18:54:11)

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans FUN: silkies, ameraucana, guinea, muscovy, runners, Eggs: hybrid RIR
WTB: SP SUSSEX; IR: Black, white, & fawn & white hens; Cayuga
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#2 2016-07-05 15:07:14

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

Re: Cheap skylights

I've seen stories where they do this sort of thing for lighting in third world countries.

Black Ameraucana

#3 2016-07-05 18:55:20

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

Good idea, I wonder if the water is necessary though.

#4 2016-07-05 18:58:23

yardbirds
Administrator

I have thought of trying this myself, but haven't yet.  I like the idea.  :thumbsup:

Soldier of Tolerance

[ If you consider yourself a "gift" to all you share your life with....I promise you will always give your best.... ]

#5 2016-07-05 19:23:37

niglefritz

Robbie wrote:

Good idea, I wonder if the water is necessary though.

I think that the water is supposed to give it a greater "prism" effect. Just like the foil gives more intense reflective properties.

Just a question for the more knowledgable ones here...would silvery duct work/dryer venting tube work instead of the foil? I don't know the proper name of that stuff... I know it would cost more, but would it reflect more or less?

We are currently trying to figure out how to build a nice call duck house/pen for 2 and I think that we will try this out in it. We should only need one in such a small area.

FOCUS: blue JG, copper marans FUN: silkies, ameraucana, guinea, muscovy, runners, Eggs: hybrid RIR
WTB: SP SUSSEX; IR: Black, white, & fawn & white hens; Cayuga
My Daughter's Shop: feathers & more create beautiful accessories: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamOfMustangsMB ;horse;

#6 2016-07-05 19:39:44

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

Yes, the water diffuses the light and sends it out in multiple directions.  There are also pictures of sticking a flashlight onto a water bottle for a quick camping lamp.

Black Ameraucana

Board footer