AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2016-11-07 04:08:57

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

November

It dark so early today, felt like bedtime at 6 pm!  Thought my friend PD might like this one:

No sun - no moon!
No morn - no noon -
No dawn - no dusk - no proper time of day.
No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful ease,
No comfortable feel in any member -
No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees,
No fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds! -
November!

Thomas Hood

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

#2 2016-11-07 12:13:01

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

Re: November

November for me  is when the leaves have fallen off the maples, and the Larches turn beautiful gold- the forest is lovely in green and gold.

#3 2016-11-07 12:49:26

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Thomas Hood eh?  Must have lived in Northern Canada.

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#4 2016-11-07 13:47:34

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

.thumbsup.

Is this the ACE version of a like button?

#5 2016-11-07 13:49:32

confused
A.C.E. Addicted

Probably anywhere north of the 49th parallel world wise I would think. It rained all day yesterday and this morning is foggy. Spring will come again.

#6 2016-11-07 15:01:20

susanr

Lovely poem!  I sure love the colours of fall.

Our weather for the past few days has been more like spring than fall/early winter.  I have been walking around the yard with the dogs in a T shirt in the afternoon - light jacket required if the wind is blowing.  The honey bees have been flying like crazy gathering water & whatever food they can find.  Hubby put the cappings out for them to clean off to give them "work" and some extra food to store for winter.  Skunk #6 was disposed of yesterday and the trap reset again.  Until the cold weather arrives, the trap will have to be a permanent installation at the bee yard.  At least the skunks are leaving the chickens alone - the bees are a much more enticing "treat" and makes it much easier to trap.  The robins finally headed south two weeks ago - the geese are still arriving, the red tailed hawks are still here.  Yesterday, a couple of waxwings arrived.  Only two though - not the usual large flock.

Friend to 2 house cats, 3 long-haired mini dachshunds, one outside cat, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#7 2016-11-07 16:40:27

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Wild swans are on all the ponds.  Lovely especially on grey days.

I bet Hood was English and if you think it is dark and rainy here this month....

November and March are our windy months, so even in this mild weather everything was blown of the porch a few nights ago and the big barn door was torn apart.

Ahhh, November!

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

#8 2016-11-08 02:47:38

Visitor
I Love A.C.E.

Thanks Heda ( sorry ...know not your real name ) , appreciate the mention 

Thomas Hood (23 May 1799 – 3 May 1845) was an English poet, author and humorist, best known for poems such as "The Bridge of Sighs" and "The Song of the Shirt". Hood wrote regularly for The London Magazine, the Athenaeum, and Punch. He later published a magazine largely consisting of his own works.

Had to look this up

Last edited by prairie dog (2016-11-15 04:18:03)

#9 2016-11-08 11:02:01

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

.thumbsup.  I like this new emoticon.

I also enjoyed the poems

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

Board footer