AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2016-12-29 06:00:06

Tegaan
A.C.E. Addicted

Boar

looking to purchase or "rent" a boar. prefer pure bred berkshire but will look at other breeds. Would like him organically fed or non GMO. I am in Vernon area can travel a couple hours, but do not have someone to look after animals if I am gone too long.

I have 2 gilts. We had a deal with the farm we got them from....they would sell us feed, supply us with a boar (for a fee) and buy all wearers we didn't want. This deal was a deciding factor on keeping our female "meat " pig and then getting her a companion.

I asked them for a nutrition analysis of their feed for my information and they decided to sever all ties with us. They were having a problem supplying us with feed and we needed to get some elsewhere but had no idea what would be equivalent....they refused to let me know even how much protein was in the feed or the contents. leaving us with about 30 days of food.

Prior to this we had sent our 1 pig to get bred....it seemes that it did not take....quite a blow for us as this would have been the silver lining to a bad situation, and would have given us more time to find alternative services or buy a boar.

So if anyone can help us out that would be awesome. Thanks.

Board footer