AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#16 2016-12-21 15:21:54

Funky Acres
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: Antique Cart Saddle Value????

In the meantime. Try calling this club. http://www.agriguide.ca/organization/nb … ssociation
They should have someone who can go through all that horse stuff for you.

Me Hubby, daughter 2 1/2, son 14 days, 2 Tahltan Bear dogs, 2cats? Rode Island Red, Lohman, Astralorp and Americana cross chickens. Muscovy ducks, Touluse and Emdem geese.   5 horses, all of which hubby is training to drive. And one Tamworth/Large Black sow, assorted pigs of various ages. Two jersey cows.

Can't wait to get into rare and heritage breed livestock to go with our draft horses.

#17 2016-12-21 18:15:29

AuntieEvil
Website

Thanks Funky. We are in Miramichi area. It is about 1 1/2 hours north of Moncton.

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#18 2016-12-23 03:36:04

Funky Acres
A.C.E. Addicted

I'm sorry Auntie. Turns out hubby doesn't know any of the current draft people in NB.
I guess all the oldtimers are gone.
Try that phone number for the NewBrunswick Draft Horse Association on the link above.
They also have a Facebook page if you are on that.
Just tell them about the saddle and that you have neck yokes and eveners in wood and steel and that you would like to have them evaluated for worth and usability.

Also. They are in the states. But try the 'small farmers journal'
If you send them an email they can probably help. They have a world wide draft horse network.

Me Hubby, daughter 2 1/2, son 14 days, 2 Tahltan Bear dogs, 2cats? Rode Island Red, Lohman, Astralorp and Americana cross chickens. Muscovy ducks, Touluse and Emdem geese.   5 horses, all of which hubby is training to drive. And one Tamworth/Large Black sow, assorted pigs of various ages. Two jersey cows.

Can't wait to get into rare and heritage breed livestock to go with our draft horses.

#19 2017-01-24 03:04:26

HamaaraHof
Growing Member

The saddle I have no idea, since it could not be safely used anymore, probably your best money is in antique sales.
But the driving equipment still is good and from $40 upwards. Best of luck :cool"

Bernese Mountain Dogs
Haflinger horses
Geese, Ducks, Fancy Pigeons and Standard Rex rabbits

#20 2017-01-24 10:41:40

AuntieEvil
Website

Thanks, I will try to follow some of those leads. :thumbsup:
The dump cart saddle would make a good decoration, but you are right, it has seen its days in use.

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

Board footer