AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.
  • Index
  •  » Recipes
  •  » What types of veggie scraps can be used to make good Veggie broth???

#1 2017-04-01 22:19:49

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

What types of veggie scraps can be used to make good Veggie broth???

What kind of scraps, can you save in the freezer for eventually making a real good Veggie Broth????

From what types of vegetables?

#2 2017-04-02 01:03:02

Bowker Acres
I Love A.C.E.

Re: What types of veggie scraps can be used to make good Veggie broth???

The best time to make good veggie broth is in the fall when the garden is being harvested.  I use all the celery leaves, ugly carrots, onions that won't keep well.  I also drain the water off my tomatoes when I make salsa and cook all my veggies in there.  Now, I normally make a chicken and veggie broth, but that is what I do, and I can enough for the winter.

#3 2017-04-02 05:21:05

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Bowker Acres.....Fall does sound like a better time, but just wondered about throughout the summer too.

I chop up my onions and freeze them in Large Zip Loc Freezer Bags. Works great.  So easy to grab what I need some.

#4 2017-04-02 10:14:51

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

Fall is a great time as they are so plenty.   I've made it throughout the year as well.  Sometimes the fridge gets to ram packed and things must be dealt with. 

I would say that most vegetables would be good for broth.  Some, like zucchini and peppers,  would boil down to nothing and need to be mashed up a bit.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

• Index
  •  » Recipes
  •  » What types of veggie scraps can be used to make good Veggie broth???

Board footer