AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-04-29 00:39:38

shaneb99
A.C.E. Addicted

Baby turkey poults

My Beltsville Small White hatched 3 little babies overnight. I was suprised that any hatched because she was in a difficult spot. She decided to go broody right under a roost. So the chickens sitting above her at night rained you know what down on her in spite of my trying to give her some cover and frequently changing the straw in her nest. She had started sitting on a Muscovy egg one day and although I attempted to move her she wouldn't leave that spot. I only had 4 turkey eggs at the time she sat and one got broken early on. The 3 that were left all hatched which is surprising. The Muscovy egg was infertile.

https://s19.postimg.org/yrkjyfywz/IMG_5746.jpg

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff & Blue Brahmas, Black, Blue & Silver Laced Cochins, Black Copper, Blue Copper,  Blue & Wheaten Marans, Silkies & an ever changing flock of Call & Silver Appleyard Ducks, Geese, Muscovies, Turkeys, Guineas and Peafowl.  2 Akbash Maremma guardians keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

#2 2017-04-29 03:29:22

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: Baby turkey poults

Wonderful!

Beltsville Small White Turkeys  -White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep, Kerry cows and Canadienne cattle
www.tatlayokofold.com

#3 2017-04-29 04:52:02

susanr

:congrats:  They are very cute!!

Friend to 3 house cats, 3 long-haired mini dachshunds, one outside cat, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#4 2017-04-29 09:48:04

killerbunny
I Love A.C.E.

I love my BSWs as Mums, they seem better than most. My main girl is broody ATM. 2 more looking that way. Last year she passed off the kids at 6 weeks to another Mum and went broody again.

Mixed collection of chickens, trio of Blue Columbian Wyandottes,BSW turkeys.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.

#5 2017-04-29 11:55:11

AuntieEvil
Website

Bobble heads! So cute....

∞♥
∞☮
∞✈

#6 2017-05-13 17:23:09

shaneb99
A.C.E. Addicted

Here's yet another picture of Nora and her babies plus a family portrait with Tom.
https://s19.postimg.org/9sbyl38cj/IMG_5835.jpg
https://s19.postimg.org/rjnkzjnr7/IMG_5836.jpg

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff & Blue Brahmas, Black, Blue & Silver Laced Cochins, Black Copper, Blue Copper,  Blue & Wheaten Marans, Silkies & an ever changing flock of Call & Silver Appleyard Ducks, Geese, Muscovies, Turkeys, Guineas and Peafowl.  2 Akbash Maremma guardians keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

#7 2017-05-13 18:34:24

susanr

Lovely family picture :thumbsup:

Friend to 3 house cats, 3 long-haired mini dachshunds, one outside cat, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

Board footer