AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-05-15 19:39:37

SCRginger
New Here

Looking for hens

Hi! I'm very new and not totally sure what I'm doing BUT I'm searching for some hens as pet/laying birds for a friend. They would be guaranteed a safe, loving, free range home with excellent food and the best care possible.

My friend is an experienced chicken keeper whose flock is simply ageing. She currently has brown comets but would like Amercaunas or Laced Orpingtons. Prefer around 1 year, hens only.

Looking to buy 2-3 and do not have a budget.

Would like to stay in Alberta for sure, prefer within reasonable distance of Edmonton/Sherwood Park/St. Albert

Please let me know if you have any!

(Also please let me know if I've said anything wrong or have my facts wrong. I am not a chicken person lol!)

#2 2017-05-15 22:58:49

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: Looking for hens

Welcome!  You are starting out well - just go back under your profile and add your location, you'll be sure to get more responses that way.

Also you may want to post an introduction under Alberta so we all can welcome you to the forum.

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

#3 2017-05-16 03:08:02

GalaBoys
I Love A.C.E.

We are holding a sale in St. Paul, AB this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the St. Paul Ag Corral. You may be able to find some chickens there. However, you are unlikely to find laced orpingtons in Alberta.

Gala Partridge Chanteclers - see us on facebook
Maker of chicken saddles, fan of evidence-based poultry keeping.
Vermilion Fair APA Poultry Show: July 28, 2018 - visit www.vermilionag.ca to enter
2018 St. Paul Critter Market - May 19, 2018 - find our group on facebook

#4 2017-05-16 04:13:56

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Laced Wyandottes, on the other hand, are much more plentiful and have winter hardy combs!

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

Board footer