AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-06-18 01:31:12

La Farmer Gal
Growing Member

Chicken n Potatoes

I came up with this tasty little chicken dish for one while trying to use up some of my freezer and pantry stock. I'm not sure some of the spices can be found here, but if you're ever in Texas, pick up a can of Tony's from any grocery store, then find a Trader Joe's in the States for awesome little packets of chicken concentrate. They're useful for so many dishes that you won't regret it!!!

I split this recipe up into two days because the first day I was just making a chicken dish to go with the rest of my dinner. I had a leftover chicken thigh and lots of sauce and decided the next day to throw a bunch of potato chunks into the dish and bake it together. It turned out pretty good, so here's my 2-day process. I imagine you could put it all together on Day 1 if you wanted to.

Tasty Chicken (Day 1) and Potatoes (Day 2)

Day 1

2 chicken thighs (bone in)
1 chicken breast
Sprinkle of Tony's seasoning
1 can cream of celery (10.5oz)
Half can of milk  + 3/4 can of water (using the now empty cream of celery can)
1 Trader Joe's chicken concentrate packet
1 can Hunt's herbs & spices tomato paste (5.5oz)
A sprinkle of rosemary
Some rubbed basil, italian seasonings & parsley
A good sprinkle of ground almonds
Dash of paprika

Mix all ingredients together in a casserole or other baking dish.
Cover and bake at 250°F for two hours.
Sprinkle shredded mozza on top & let melt.
There should be a lot of sauce left. Eat chicken with whatever else you've prepared for dinner but reserve unused sauce and one chicken thigh for second day. Let the reserved chicken and sauce cool, then refrigerate in same casserole dish.

Day 2

Leftover sauce
Leftover chicken
3-4 medium potatoes, cubed (however many you have enough sauce for).

Add the cubed potatoes to the casserole dish w/chicken and sauce. Mix, cover, and bake at 350°F for 1.5 hours.

Bon appetit!

Buff Orpingtons, Lavender Orpington, Barred Plymouth Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, and a few mixies.

#2 2017-06-18 02:26:23

yardbirds
Administrator

Re: Chicken n Potatoes

:letseat:  AWESOME!  :Thankx2:

Soldier of Tolerance

[ If you consider yourself a "gift" to all you share your life with....I promise you will always give your best.... ]

Board footer