AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-06-18 12:43:57

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

BSW Turkeys, Buckeyes and White Chanteclers - Williams Lake

Nearing the end of hatching season and have more chicks than I need for replacements so let me know if you are interested in the following:

BSW (Beltsville Small White) turkeys from day olds to two months old - from $20 to $35, all still unsexed, impressively healthy, lively and the usual BSW calm and friendly.

Also extra last year's toms currently moulting at $35 each (they were too young to butcher last fall).

Buckeyes - off heat and slowly displaying sex, friendly and social, nice blocky dual purpose cold hardy heritage breed - $30 each hen, $15 each rooster.  I think every egg hatched so lots of these.

White Chantecler - various ages, still too young to sex, also vibrant and healthy, this from a line of great egg layers - mothers lay big pinkish symmetrical eggs.  $30 each.  Again, I think every egg I set hatched but I've sold lots of these so only a few left.

Also bantams - some white rock (I think) off heat, roosters $5 and hens $15, busy fertile birds I hardly bother to incubate as they do their own thing almost constantly.  A friend gave me a couple and now I'm almost overrun!

Still have two mature Golden Sebright roosters from a hatch of 12 all roosters. $25 each  Very decorative and hard to find. People in Taiwan and England keep asking for them.  Hope this year my two hens produce more hens for a change.

I'll be in Williams Lake June 21 and 28 and can met you there.

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

#2 2017-06-25 00:53:30

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Re: BSW Turkeys, Buckeyes and White Chanteclers - Williams Lake

Is there anyone coming from picking up birds in Williams Lake, from Heda, that may be coming close to Salmon Arm? 

I really want to get a trio of her White Rock Bantams.   But can't get to Williams lake.  Having truck trouble.   If you are coming

back this way please contact us, or come on here.  :Thankx2:

#3 2017-06-25 01:23:36

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Heda's birds are both healthy and excellent quality.

Embrace your mistakes....they are life's most meaningful education.

#4 2017-06-25 03:53:36

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Thanks!  They are very happy, coming out of the brooder into the "warm room" and then the "cool room" - an unheated part of the barn.  Really happy birds, wouldn't mind keeping most of them.   I suddenly realized  I sold too many last year and should have kept a few more for replacements... but there are always more than I need.

www.tatlayokofold.com

#5 2017-06-25 05:31:43

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Sue,    I gather she has great birds, but.............HOW do you ever get them?     Anybody coming from that way on june 28th

Last edited by lady leghorn (2017-06-25 05:32:04)

#6 2017-06-25 14:26:06

Schipperkesue
Administrator

I got my HG birds when Heda was planning a trip that took her east on the Yellowhead.  She delivered to my house and we had a great visit.  I planned to drive her way one day, but my timing never worked out.  Maybe some day... 

If she was also a breeder of Mottled Houdans or if I were the breeder of registered Shetlands, I suspect we would meet more often.  I find if I really want an animal, I will move heaven and earth to make it happen.

Are you planning any trips in the near future, Heda?

#7 2017-06-25 14:40:03

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

I'm going to Williams Lake June 28 (friend to airport, bull delivery and turkey poults delivery) and again July 9 but in summer there is nowhere I like to be more than home at the ranch.

Highway 20's steep hill on the Fraser Canyon had a massive washout so a 3 hour drive to Williams Lake now has a long detour on gravel roads and a 5 hour drive.  No desire to go further after that! 

I'm going to Prince George (six hour drive) in late summer to deliver a pedigreed ram lamb to a breeder/friend who is coming 6 hours south to meet me there.  Suspect I'll have a bull buyer lined up to meet me there at the same time too.  I never go anywhere without multiple deliveries/errands lined up, as you know Sue.  That way I generally get an assembly of purchasers to pay for most of the trip, they are happy getting the animal closer to them at very little cost.

Otherwise bird and animal buyers come to the ranch.  I had a cattle breeder here Friday from NE Alberta.  Drove in for 2 hours then back home.

www.tatlayokofold.com

#8 2017-06-25 14:44:27

Schipperkesue
Administrator

There is no way you (or anyone else) could pay your expenses for the trip of a few small chickens.  It is always an advantage to add to a planned trip.  After all, this is not a hobby for you!

#9 2017-06-25 23:30:43

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

I was just hoping that someone that bought from her, after they met were coming back this way, somewhere.

We're having truck trouble and can't go to far.  :duh:     Guess another time.  Maybe?

#10 2017-06-25 23:37:17

Schipperkesue
Administrator

Don't give up...you never know who maybe making a trip north!

#11 2017-06-25 23:39:39

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

Is there anyone our way, that has bought this type of bantams from Heda, that might sell a trio? 

Must be some more out there that aren't so far away?  I hope?

#12 2017-06-26 00:57:31

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

HEDA..........Are you going to be able to even make that trip on the 28th?

What with the fire by 100 mile and so close to Tatlayoko lake???

Last edited by lady leghorn (2017-06-26 04:43:36)

#13 2017-06-26 04:03:02

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Nothing that close...

www.tatlayokofold.com

#14 2017-06-26 04:44:29

lady leghorn
I Love A.C.E.

That's great,  I thought it  was close to you.   That would be awful.

#15 2017-06-26 10:21:56

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

If anyone wants to make the leap into turkeys, I highly recommend the BSW.  They are so darn easy to look after and so friendly as well.  They taste amazing.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

Board footer