AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-06-15 16:43:30

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

Orange is the new black

For something completely different. Is anyone watching the new season of Orange? We watched the first 2 episodes last night. The first was pretty good but the 2nd kind of dragged. I think they're having a hard time keeping it going.

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff, Blue & Silver Laced Brahmas. And a whole bunch of other stuff plus 2 Akbash Maremma guardians who keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

#2 2017-06-15 20:19:13

Robbie
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: Orange is the new black

Something completely different is a total understatement.  :shock: We are just finishing up season 3 but I am not sure why we are still watching it. They could have done so much more with this show than what they did.  I've watched an episode of Fargo (couldn't handle more of  that) and we watched the first season of True Detective (traumatized for life)  and like the movie Apocalypse Now there are some things I wish I could un- see.
On the other hand, I really enjoyed Breaking Bad.

Last edited by Robbie (2017-06-15 20:25:45)

#3 2017-06-16 00:26:31

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

After years of living in a two channel wasteland of no tv to watch, we managed to get Netflix (when our crappy internet allows). We were like kids in a candy store!

Orange Is The New Black started out with a bang and by the time we were done watching all the seasons, we were demoralized and in need of therapy. And now this new stuff? Ugh. I can't watch it anymore. I said to Hub that it depresses the he77 out of me that so many of those people cannot make a good decision to save their souls. I can't watch it. I just can't.

#4 2017-06-16 09:07:11

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

I haven't watched a single episode of the show but hear my kids talking about it.  They were chatting up a storm on how good it was and now, not so much.   They seem to be interested in a show called  Pretty Little Liars. I have not watched an episode of that one either.   We don't have Netflix, basement dweller daughter and her family do though.  She has brought up her PS3 and hooked it up to our TV on occasion but it's not something that interests us at this point.  Although, I think it would be a nice option in the winter months.

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#5 2017-06-19 12:49:40

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

We watched Marco Polo.  Really enjoyed it so naturally they are probably not making a third season.

Also really like Badlands.  Excellent action show.

Tried OITNB but found it one of those where I like every character except the ones that are the main focus of the show.

Black Ameraucana

#6 2017-06-19 14:18:42

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

I like Badlands too. It's basically a different twist on a samurai movie. I like the various warring factions that each control part of the economy. But then again I also like 12 Monkeys, Dark Matter, Killjoys and other weird SciFi shows.

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff, Blue & Silver Laced Brahmas. And a whole bunch of other stuff plus 2 Akbash Maremma guardians who keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

#7 2017-06-19 21:59:43

Blaithin
Website

I starte OITNB but I kind of stalled out in season two. I'll probably get back into it eventually but summer is hard. I just go outside. Luckily with Netflix you can just pick up where you left off if it's rainy or winter.

One show I absolutely smashed through was The 100.

#8 2017-06-20 12:47:39

Fowler
I Love A.C.E.

Could not get into The 100 (although others in the family quite like it).

Another one we really liked was The Detectorists.  British show.  Took me two episodes to kind of get into it but I really enjoy the quiet humour.

Black Ameraucana

Board footer