AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#16 2017-06-23 14:44:28

uno
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: Horses and kitty litter.

The horse seems to be doing better. Last few times out of the stall for hand grazing, no limp !! (sound of crowd cheering in the background)

Since I had a bale of peat moss here that I wasn't using, Horse Daughter has been tossing some of the down between bedding changes and it does seem to help hold the moisture a bit better. At leas I hope it helps turn the shavings into some sort of composted product because those shavings are NOT breaking down as fast as pure poo does in a pile.

HD was ready to throw in the towel (and still might) and sell the horse as not riding sound, but might be broodmare sound. Horse has excellent breeding and is a gorgeous horse, could be useful in a breeding program. She had several people very interested, but in the end I think she's not quite ready to give up on the horse yet. She harbours the faint hope that she and the horse might yet fly over jumps. Faint hope, but hope.

#17 2017-06-23 15:02:24

susanr

(Cheering in the background)  Glad to hear the horse is doing better :D  Faint hope is much better than no hope.

Friend to 1 house cat, 2 long-haired mini dachshunds, several outside cats, one guard dog, a few Dorking chickens, several  Isa Brown laying hens, some mutt chickens and 3 mules.  Jobs include gardener and assistant bee keeper.

#18 2017-06-24 13:52:04

Robbie
I Love A.C.E.

This is encouraging news! :thumbsup:

#19 2017-06-24 21:40:31

heda gobbler
I Love A.C.E.
Website

I haven't dare ask, that IS good news.  Even if she goes the brood mare route it's better to have an intact coffin bone!

Beltsville Small White Turkeys - White Chantecler chickens and Buckeye chickens
Highland Cattle, Shetland Sheep and Kerry cows.
www.tatlayokofold.com

Board footer