AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-07-28 14:26:45

100milegal
A.C.E. Addicted

Domain name

So I am looking at a DIY website for my new business, selling Canadian made clothing online. I have found a site the looks easy to use and reasonable prices. I called them yesterday and she asked if I had registered my domain name yet.  Is this something I have to do first? And is it the same as when I registered the name for my store?  I am keeping the same name, just now it will be all online and I am not renewing my lease on the store in Sept. I have suppliers/manufactuers that I already deal with, and will have my own labels on the clothes.  Also looking to have some of my own designs made up but that gets a little pricey so will have to do one at a time.

#2 2017-07-28 16:32:30

GalaBoys
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: Domain name

You can register a domain name through websites like domainsatcost.ca or I use webhero for my .com domains because their hosting is cheap.

Gala Partridge Chanteclers   www.partridgechanteclers.com
Maker of chicken saddles, fan of evidence-based poultry keeping.
Vermilion Fair APA Poultry Show: July 28, 2018 - visit www.vermilionag.ca to enter
2018 St. Paul Critter Market - May 19, 2018 - www.lakelandchickengroup.com

#3 2017-07-29 14:14:32

100milegal
A.C.E. Addicted

Thanks, I will give that a try.

#4 2017-07-29 16:46:37

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

You can sometimes go as a subdomain under the host but if you've got your store name you want to use you're better off to register your own domain. It doesn't cost much then you own it. I use Domains Canada https://www.domainscanada.ca

With your own domain you can have your own email addresses ie Shane@sagebrushranch.ca

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff, Blue & Silver Laced Brahmas. And a whole bunch of other stuff plus 2 Akbash Maremma guardians who keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

Board footer