AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-08-07 19:24:06

confused
A.C.E. Addicted

Malay chickens

Does anyone in Alberta raise Malay Chickens?

#2 2017-08-07 23:47:13

GalaBoys
I Love A.C.E.
Website

Re: Malay chickens

Not as far as I know. They are not suited to Canadian climates.

Gala Partridge Chanteclers   www.partridgechanteclers.com
Maker of chicken saddles, fan of evidence-based poultry keeping.
Vermilion Fair APA Poultry Show: July 28, 2018 - visit www.vermilionag.ca to enter
2018 St. Paul Critter Market - May 19, 2018 - www.lakelandchickengroup.com

#3 2017-08-08 09:28:43

Martin Grove Farm
Administrator

there's lots that are not suited to our winters and yet many people raise them.  A quick search on ACE has pulled up quite a few postings.  It appears that they were at the CHB show in 2011.   

I also found this 

little ponderosa wrote:

I Currently Raise Malay in Ontario, i got mine from a breeder in the states, not a hatchery ( not true malay, had some from performance but like all hatchery birds they donot meet the Standard)

Also you are going to be hard pressed to find a malay that reaches over 3 foot now a days. still good big birds around but not the same as the originally where. mine one line is currently 2 1/2 foot talland the other closer to 3.

Any questions message me. also i think there is a breeder in your area. they are on this site.

Travis

http://albertachickensetc.punbb-hosting … qid=347312

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

#4 2017-08-08 12:57:17

BobG
A.C.E. Addicted

There are lots in BC , not bred to Standard . Most are from cock fighting lines bred by locals would require special pens so males never see each other . I don't think you would have much success purchasing from the owners as they rarely sell them

Board footer