AlbertaChickensEtc

Canadian Poultry Forum Chickens, Eggs, Cattle, Goats, Sheep, Horses, Pets - Across Canada For Sale And Want Ads Forum - Register - Login - And Come On In - Post Your Ad Or Just Chat! image

You are not logged in.

Announcement

A.C.E. Now Has Over THREE THOUSAND Members across Canada! Find Your Province And Say Hello To Us! ALL MEMBERS ARE TO INCLUDE THEIR LOCATION IN THEIR PROFILE .... CLICK ON "PROFILE" ON THE TOP BLUE BAR THEN CLICK ON "PERSONAL" image PRIVATE MESSAGING AND USER LIST WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO NEW MEMBERS UNTIL THEIR STATUS BECOMES GROWING MEMBER.

#1 2017-08-11 19:37:14

countrychicken
A.C.E. Addicted

Home Made Hot Sauce

well ....... it's pepper season starting around here. from no hot ones last year we seem to have plenty this year. Two varieties are coming in now even ahead of the non-heat peppers which to me is surprising as all other hot peppers I've grown were quite a bit later than the no-heat sweet varieties. One is a long slender one and is pretty hot but for anyone that has ever eaten more than one hot pepper would be judged as med>hot. The other one is a lipstick type one, lipstick as to the peppers face upwards. Yowza, they are 'smokin' hot'. then have 3 other varieties (just 2 plants each) of combinations of habarnero variations and a semi large straight tapered variety. They are very green yet as I would expect.

So what to do eh?

make some hot sauce came immediately to mind. well, there is hotsauces local in everycountry so the recipes and combinations are awesome in variation. here is a not bad place to start https://www.cheatsheet.com/life/feel-th … ?a=viewall

also, does it need to be processed to be stored? it's very acidy.
where could a guy get some appropriate containers. stupor store sells tons of stuff in those longer slender jars. wonder where they go when they're empty? the ones I'm thinking of were processed so have the nice lids that seal again n.p.

here is gonna be my first attempt using the less-hot ones.

Hot Sauce

1/2 lb – Chilies
1 C – Rice Vinegar
head of garlic cloves coarsley chopped
Pink Salt
juice of one lime
zest of one lemon
juice of 1/2 a ruby red grapefruit

add all to a container and blend w/a stick blender to the consistency you like

either have to boil down or add additional chili's till it get the consistency you like.

#2 2017-08-11 22:00:05

shaneb99
I Love A.C.E.

Re: Home Made Hot Sauce

If you want small bottles get some 1/2 wine bottles like they put Port in. If there is a store near you that sells wine making supplies they will have or can get them. Then you can use the plastic removable wine corks to seal them. We use those bottles for things like vinegar and olive oil.
That reminded me of another suggestion. In Real Canadian Wholesale Club, Loblaws box store,  they have those glass bottles like restaurants put vinegar in.

Feather Feet - Light, Dark, Buff, Blue & Silver Laced Brahmas. And a whole bunch of other stuff plus 2 Akbash Maremma guardians who keep watch and a very patient wife who tries to keep me grounded.

#3 2017-08-13 17:16:53

countrychicken
A.C.E. Addicted

Re: Home Made Hot Sauce

nice, ......

very good suggestions, thnx

Board footer